How do I get the door panels off my 94 sport??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How do I get the door panels off my 94 sport???

Kirk_Dunkley

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary Alberta Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 explorer sport
hey there guys, I installed my deck only to find that none of the speakers work. The speakers work with the factory deck lol but not the cd player (CDX M620) I tested the deck out with some old speakers and it works totally fine. I think that the premium tape deck has some kind of in line thing wired into the truck itself to stop other decks from beiing used. I have decided to discard ALL factory wiring, and use the RCA leads on the back of my cd player. To get to the speakers I need to know how to get the door panels off. Could someone provide me with step by step directions as to how to get them off? thanks.

Sports are very easy just take off the screws by the handle and I think there is another under your vanity light in the door than just pull the panel out it is very easy.

If you have power windows, the switches have to be lifted up from the door panel from above and disconnected at the bottom of the switch itself.

There are the two screws behind the door handle and then one at the top of the panel towards the roof pillar. After removing the screws, take a flat screwdriver and slide it in the lower end of the window control and mirror control panel and pop up. Take a small flat screwdriver and slide it between the outside lower corner of the door panel and the door itself. You may want to stick a towel or something between the screwdriver and the metal part of the door, so that you won't scratch the paint. Then slide the screwdriver around until you find the plastic fastener and keep the screwdriver directly beside the fastener. There should be one right at the corner, so you shouldn't have to move very far. Then pry the fastener away from the door. It should pop the door panel loose, and then slide the screw driver around the door panel until you get to the next fastener and do the same thing again to pop it loose. Once you get one or two of them, it usually is very easy to get to the rest of them.

Hope this helps.

Back