how do i put the window motor back in??? Cheap gear fix | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how do i put the window motor back in??? Cheap gear fix

explorerguy94

Reaction score
City, State
albemarle nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 explorer xlt
I took the right front window motor out and replaced the bushings and now I can't remember how it went it. I drilled the holes where all those indintions are and removed a couple screws to get it out. There was a spring loadad thing that it was hooked to that popped back inside the door and I felt around in there but I couldn't find it. I found a cheap fix to replace those bushing years ago looking for a fix for headlight motors for my 89 firebird and that motor and the window motor on my explorer is set up the same so I tried it and it worked. Go to wally world or a dollar store or raid your neighbors shop and get a pack of standard size (not those minis) hot glue gun sticks and cut the length to fit into your gear assymbly you need to cut 3peices and it works my motor spins like normal now. Now all I have to do is put back in. I know it worked fine for my firebird i had it a couple years when i sold it no problems so it should last a long time.

Back