• Register Today It's free!

How do you think this sounds?

94ExplorerSS

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
94, no mods
I think after all the researching of amps and subs that im going to go with a punch Hx2 15'' sub, and a jbl 600.1 mono or the 1200.1 mono amp. The 1200 might be a little overkill on that sub, but give me your rewcomendations. Im gonna order soon so tell me wut amp i should get it. Do you think this will give me good thump? I am planning to build a big ported encloser.

Thanks,

Nick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how much are you going to pay for that 15" punch hx2?

i know a place you can buy the 12" POWER hx2 for 295, it's where i got mine, and yes you're right, the 1200.1 is overkill on that punch, i have the 1200.1 on my power hx2 and it's still overkill

you want to match the subwoofers RMS power rating with the amplifers RMS power output for maximum sound

I still have my 15" punch HX2 (for sale), but anyways with my ma audio amp pushing ~600 watts into it, it was able to hit 136.something in my explorer, in my ported R/T box.... I liked the sub, had decent SQ and really good thump, and doesn't need a heck of a lot of power.....That would be a good setup, I'd get the 600.1 I paid ~300 for my sub and box....

well if you're wanting any type of sound quality out of the HX2 series subs then you dont want the power HX2 cause you arent getting much SQ from it! you'll need a box that is LESS than 1 cubic foot and with the magnet size its very hard to do that

Back