How Far Has Everyone Taken Their Explorers? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How Far Has Everyone Taken Their Explorers?

Chief

Reaction score
City, State
Bedford, NH AIM: Chief Miscreant
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Acura 3.2TL
How far has everyone taken their Explorers offroad? :D
Locations, terrain, etc.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This outta give you a good idea...

View

I'm going to move this thread to the Explorering Everything Under The Sun forum.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=24023

PS- This is not my Explorer!;)

[Edited by NoBoundaries on 01-27-2001 at 09:47 AM]

how far as in distance? mine only goes to the dealer and back to my house. it just sits on the driveway in an auto cucoon.

Well.....

After 185,000 miles mine has gone many places.

In 98 we hooked-up the waverunners and went to Biloxi MS rode for the day, then on to Jacksonville Fl and rode for the day there, then up to South Carolina and stayed at Lake Marion and rode for the day there, The to Charlotte for a week. Company training thing.

Then from there we went South again to Disney world and stayed a few days in the resort on the Disnye grounds. Fun having my Explorer and 2 waverunners valet parked. Then we went down to Crystal River. It's spring fed fresh water and goes about 7 miles out to the Gulf. So we got fresh crystal clear water then the waves.

From there we went up the Coast to Denison and then Pennasacola, then Biloxi again. We rode the rivers inland at Biloxi this time. Wonderful plantation style homes on the river. Then we hit some lakes on the way back to Dallas area.

This was just 1 6K mile trip pulling a trailer and having fun.

Of course we have to count the trips to Moab & CCR2000 were it was around 3K miles roundtrip.

We take our truck everywhere.

Originally posted by Exploder99
how far as in distance? mine only goes to the dealer and back to my house. it just sits on the driveway in an auto cucoon.

You can go to the Main Page and page down a time or two to find a dropdown menu entitled "Past Explorer Runs" to read articles on many places we have gone. As far as distance, here's one from me:

ccrpoughger1.jpg

That picture was taken at about 12,800 feet elevation which is pretty far from Dallas. You can click on "Gerald's Truck" in my signature to see the picture of me on Lion's Back which was also a long way from my driveway.

And since we are playing pingpong with this thread, I believe it more properly belongs in the Serious Explorations forum so I'm sending this over to you, Rick!

During the summer of 99 I drove my stocker 94 from Phoenix up to Washington state, about 1400 miles one way (a nice 3 day trip). From Seattle, I drove over to Sturgis in South Dakota (1100 miles) to look at a few Harleys, then I dropped down through Denver back to Phoenix. As a stocker, I drove just under 4k during a 2 month period. Did some mild wheelin' in the Black Hills of South Dakota, nothing to brag about.

Summer of 2000 I drove back to Seattle from Phoenix, after 2 weeks, a winch, and a 4" lift I drove to Denver by way of Sturgis again, then drove to Houstin, Texas then back to Phoenix. About 5000 miles in a 2 month time frame. Did some wheelin' with the new lift in Washington trying to show up my brother's J%$P (lets not go there). More wheelin' in the Black hills this trip as I began to come down with a mild case of the wheelin' bug.

As you can guess, I love to drive. I tell ya', some of the funniest people I've talked to have been truckers (Utah has some dirty minded big rig drivers).

while gerald likes to go up...i like to go down...hehehe :D

View

UP AND DOWN

Hey riff, when you can go up and down in one still pic as I have let me know! LOL:D

im on my second explorer its a 98 with close to 80000 miles on it. take it everywhere and it hasnt let me down. my old 93 had 130000 on it. by the way im only 20 years old.

hey no boundaries i think that truck belongs to diff whack daddy

hey ive driven my 98 xlt for 80000 miles. this thing is awesome and has served me well. my old explorer had 120000 miles on it ....its been everywhere, muddin through the back woods of CT to draggin a 4000lb trailer halfway through new england. oh yeah and by the way im only twenty..

im 18 roled it once, got it stuck once $450 wrecker bill, been in way too many accidents has 80000+ and still puts some stangs, porsches, and camaros to shame hehehe and it only has a 160-horse

Tim Y
you got to be kidd'in me! that pic is a +10!

I hope there is not an alien space craft that is out of the picture and tugging on the rear end!

Did you take out the front quarter panels on that one or the whole side? (just kidding)
very cool pic.... nice color too

diff wack daddy....i will try to keep up with you...cause i have already told myself that i am eventually gonna roll it...but really...im not looking forward to an almost endo like that.... :D

Yeah, I took the picture of DiffWhackDaddy in Tim's post. There was nobody tugging on his rear end. Tony 'baexploder' was there but couldn't reach his bumper or wheel. It's surprising how high the right rear comes up when the left front drops into a hole.

But, there where 5 other Explorer's that went down the same hill and none came up as high in the rear as DWD. You have to wonder, was it his driving or the spotting? :D

For more Truckhaven pics, go to the link at the bottom of my signature.

[Edited by Peter Weber on 02-01-2001 at 10:17 PM]

No damage there.

No damage occured there. All the damage occured the next night down in the was.

After reviewing all the pictures that Peter took and my video, I have figured out theat when I first dropped in to the hill I was further to the left than everyone els by at least a foot. Now that doesn't sound to bad, but where my left rear tire is it gets higher the further left you go. I corrected and got my front tires on track, but that hole comes so quick that the rear end obviously didn't have the time to catch up to the left.

DWD

I have a whole series of 8 pics of you going over the top of Heart Attack Hill. I can e-mail them to you it you want me to.

That woulfd be great Peter. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back