How fast in 4x4 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How fast in 4x4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enough of this, this thread will be closed if this continues.

(Ha, I sound like a mod...)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

While this definitely should be on DMI I have to disagree with ya Izwack, at least partially. I don't care what religion he is but if he will not salute our flag he shouldn't be allowed in government, a place where your elected to serve the USA if you won't salute the symbol of that office your elected to serve, be it president or alderman, you shouldn't be in office.

I'd agree with mounty71 that there isn't much point using 4 wheel drive till your stuck. Using it just cruising around town...Why? If it's snowing and slippery driving just drive slower which you should be doing anyways. There should be a limiter or something so that when in 4 wheel drive you can only go 30 - 40mph. Something we, the informed, could disable of course but there is no need to be going faster then that in 4 wheel. It's just a false sense of security allowing soccer moms to go 65 in a foot of snow because! "I have 4 wheel drive"

I agree to storlied but oh well..

I'm not voting for ANYONE who is of the same decent as the people who flew into out buildings. Smarten up everyone.
Wow I cant believe we're still hijacking but okay...

Same decent as the people who flew into our buildings eh? Have you ever, say.. picked up a biology or perhaps an anthropology book? Because if you have, I'm sure you would understand, good YOURNAMEHERE sir, that we are from the same descendant. So you and I are, eventually, of the same "decent", same as those who flew those planes. Are you now going to deny this and say that you don't believe in evolution, human migration, and anthropology? Well then cower back in your corner and watch as the world spin away, because yes my good YOURNAMEHERE sir, the world, does indeed spin. And spin it does around the sun and this great universe.

Smarten up you say? Hmmm, that's interesting because you're the one that sounds very close minded.

Maybe religion isn't everything, but wpuld you REALLY vote for someone who won't salute your U.S. flag?
Get some common sense bud. That is just rediculous.
And religion does make a difference in who we vote for, after all, this IS the U.S.A.
I do agree that he should have saluted, but religion is separate from the "U.S.A" because the "U.S.A" is not one religion and if you think it is, then you're being (and I quote) "rediculous", and should probably go back to Middle School and read Article 6 of the Constitution (and get a dictionary)

Well I'm off to eat -- with my parents, who strangely enough, are somehow someway, a descendant of a common ancestor of every freaking other human being on this planet. :D. YOURNAMEHERE, do you think I should yell at my parents and call them terrorists because of this?

EDIT: Here I'll make it simple for you:
Article 6: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_Six_of_the_United_States_Constitution
And the all important clause:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_religious_test_clause

You guys could always.. all sign up.. and copy and paste your posts in order... lol

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp

This thread was the first time I've heard of Obama and the flag thing. So I looked it up. I can't really be mad at him for it. I've gotten to sporting events late just to miss the National Anthem. I've also changed the channel at the start of events for the same reason. It's not because I don't love this country, it's because I get sick of hearing bad singers (or singers that try to hit the high note knowing they can't).

To be on topic: I wish I had a 4X4

200mph..

Oh wait.. what were we talking about?
lol

Let's reword this for you...

OBVIOUSLY, it's not if he won't salute it.

I'll try it this way, "That's a shame, because it's his flag too. If he doesn't salute it, what a shame. It's his flag too."

And don't yell, it's a waste...

ummm.. I never said I wasn't, I was defending the ideals of a democracy in general :D -- ideals which are far more important than one man and his religion.

FYI, this is not a Democracy, we have a Republic, they are not the same thing. A Democracy is where we are headed, that means that the mob rules(whether right or wrong).

I have a serious problem with any American citizen who does not respect our national flag enough to salute it. I have no problem with anyone having any religion and/or believing in any god.

The thread has been answered well though, 4WD is best for lower speeds. At highway speeds it may not hurt if there are no serious corners or issues that would cause fast speed reductions.

The actual tire qualities should be a big factor if 4WD is needed. You can gain a lot of traction over plain highway tires with many higher end tires. Regards,

I cant say that i have gone faster than 60 in 4x4..

way to keep on topic people.

I'm not voting for ANYONE who is of the same decent as the people who flew into out buildings.

Um, Obama is directly of African (dad) and American (mom) decent. Those terrorists were primarily of Arabic decent. Mostly hailing from from Saudi Arabia if memory serves. Even then being of Arabic decent means absolutely nothing...

Obama is also Christian...Last I checked that is not even close to Muslim... :dunno:

I find it hilarious that you tell people in here to "smarten up" when it is very apparent that you would really benefit from listening to your own advice. Do your homework before coming on here, spreading bad information, and generally making yourself look like a complete fool. Usually I will find that most people, even when wrong, will at least make an ounce of sense in a discussion. I guess you are an exception to that. :crazy:

Ford factory manual states that the "on-the'fly" 4WD system can be engaged at a speed of up to 65mph. Being that the speedometer only goes up to 85, I'd assume it'd be safe to take it all the way to 85 in 4WD since it's only 20 mph faster than the safe-to-engage speed.

Personally though, I doubt I'd engage 4WD going any faster than 45, since it's probably a lot more stress on the transfer case and front drivetrain to instantly go from a standstill to 45-65 than it is to go to slightly lower speeds. Top speed depends on the terrain, but as stated, if you can go that fast, you probably don't need 4WD anyway. The system is probably overbuilt to take it, but that doesn't mean you need to do it.

could you guys stop *****in' about Obama? take it somewhere else, were trying to discuss 4WD. anyway, i use 4WD hi when cruising on snowy roads and i usually go no faster than 35mph, 40 tops so unless unless 2WD is not an option (broken, etc...) i would keep it under 60 on 4WD.

this is one of the funniest threads in a long time !!!!

and it totally sums up why this country is in the shape it is.

I think the 4wd questions has been answered maybe we should just lock the thread so the forum doesnt start to sound like every other forum on the net.

Hey I like a good debate, but this is not the place for it.

And maybe I will just go sign up over at DMI, nah I don't have the time to properly debate an issue like this.

Thread closed as requested by the populous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back