Status
Not open for further replies.

knockaboutman

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 SOHC Limited
How fast should you drive in 4x4 high? Also, should you be at a stop when you shift into 4x4?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can go highway speeds with 4HI (say 60-ish MPH). But at if you need 4WD at that point, I would slow down because stopping is going to be an issue.

And since most users make this mistake, just a reminder to never ever engage 4wd on dry pavement (even in normal rainy weather) because doing so would strain the transfer case and the rest of the driveline and could cause costly damages. Engage 4wd only in snow, mud, or other surfaces where the wheels are able to "slip" ---- a public service announcement brought to you by BarackObama.com :p:

Thanks for the info, just got back from an Obama meeting. Looks like we will be voting for him this Tuesday.

Hey, thats excellent, excellent :D

And knockaboutman, Yes we can :D

You guys are voting for a Muslim whom won't even salute our American flag?

It really does sound like DMI :D

When did religion become part of what it means to be an American? Separation of government and religion, ever heard of it? If you havent and you're a Christian, better catch up on history because your fellow Christians in antiquity struggled and fought against the Romans for this ideal. And read up on Thomas Jefferson too, cauz that's really who made the term popular.

If you can say a person of a certain religion should not be a president, how many years will it take before you can say that a person of a certain race should not be president? I'm sure you know but that my friend is called "racism", and we went through that already; fire hoses, Police dogs -- that should bring back some memories. The presidential title is independent of religion and race.

I stand behind the stance taken by sjr033 and YOURNAMEHERE.

So how fast can you go in 4wd again?

60-ish!!! Well thats my suggestion. I'm sure many have gone faster though :D

When did religion become part of what it means to be an American? Separation of government and religion, ever heard of it? If you havent and you're a Christian, better catch up on history because your fellow Christians in antiquity struggled and fought against the Romans for this ideal. And read up on Thomas Jefferson too, cauz that's really who made the term popular.

If you can say a person of a certain religion should not be a president, how many years will it take before you can say that a person of a certain race should not be president? I'm sure you know but that my friend is called "racism", and we went through that already; fire hoses, Police dogs -- that should bring back some memories. The presidential title is independent of religion and race.

Your website says that your a Christian anyway, shouldn't you know that :scratch:

60-ish!!! Well thats my suggestion. I'm sure many have gone faster though :D

As IZwack stated you can drive at highway speeds in 4x4 high..But as he also suggested (and i agree 100%) if you're driving 60mph in 4x4 then chances are you don't need to be in 4x4 ;) Driving on slippery/low traction surfaces (snow, rain, dirt) allows any torque wind up to be dissipated by slipping a tire. When driving on dry surfaces when traction is high it takes a tremendous amount of torque to spin a tire and re-leave the drive train of any torque wind up.

Your website says that your a Christian anyway, shouldn't you know that :scratch:
ummm.. I never said I wasn't, I was defending the ideals of a democracy in general :D -- ideals which are far more important than one man and his religion.

knockaboutman - Welcome to the explorer forum, where nothing stays on topic. :thumbsup:

commentCF.gif

And post padding is the new thaaang! :D

How slowly should you drive...

How fast should you drive in 4x4 high? Also, should you be at a stop when you shift into 4x4?

Drive as conditions permit, but as stated, if you need 4x4 you should be thinking in terms of slow not fast.

It's his flag too.:usa:

I was simply asking in an attempt to get the thread back on track. But the time i see high speed 4wd being used is in the desert/baja-type offroading. But i would just save the 4wd for the times you get stuck in 2wd.

When did religion become part of what it means to be an American?

Maybe religion isn't everything, but wpuld you REALLY vote for someone who won't salute your U.S. flag?
Get some common sense bud.
That is just rediculous.
And religion does make a difference in who we vote for, after all, this IS the U.S.A.
I'm not voting for ANYONE who is of the same decent as the people who flew into out buildings.

Smarten up everyone.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back