How long for an engine replacement? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How long for an engine replacement?

'15 Sport Ecoboost

Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Had blown both my turbo's and in replacing the 2nd they found metal shards in the oil line. Warranty company decided to replace the engine since metal went through it. Anyone know about how long a full engine replacement would take from a certified mechanic? 15' Explorer sport 3.5L ecoboost

Maybe 15-20 hours, but that doesn't account for scheduling the repair, ordering parts, maybe ordering more parts, comebacks after the job to fix something that was broken or damaged and not replaced, but should have been, and so on...

Did you ask the shop doing the work? If so, what did they say?

Maybe 15-20 hours, but that doesn't account for scheduling the repair, ordering parts, maybe ordering more parts, comebacks after the job to fix something that was broken or damaged and not replaced, but should have been, and so on...

Did you ask the shop doing the work? If so, what did they say?

They just informed me they were ordering the engine this morning but did not know when it would be coming in and when they could get started on it so I was mainly just looking to see how long it would/should normally take. The 15-20 hours sounds very reasonable. Thanks for the insight

Back