How long have you had your chip? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How long have you had your chip?

How long have you had your chip? Problems?

• Less than one year problem free.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Less than one year with problems.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Over one year problem free.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Over one year with problems.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

X24

RAMajama
Reaction score
City, State
Pleasant Valley, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 RAM 2500 TURBO DIESEL
... and have you experienced any problems even remotely related to the chip. I'm not talking about installation problems. I want to know if anyone had transmission, engine, and/or computer problems while their chip was in. Maybe a CEL? What brand chip?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Less than a year, problems yet to be seen....

EDIT - it's an Apten chip btw

Had mine in for about 2 years problem-free before I removed it to sell it. Couldn't justify the extra money for higher octane gas just for a bit more performance any more.

Had mine for a few months, but am experiencing some torque bog.... Brian is awaiting some chips to come back I guess so he could try a different code on them to see if that resolves my issues.
Going to mail him again to see what the status is... or if he has a non-programmed one for now, and I'll send him mine to work on.
Otherwise, no real issues... just want things running tip-top so I can tell if it's worth the extra $$. I'll prob do exhaust next. It's just a little frustrating having to spend money beefing up older engines to get some driving satisfaction on the highway when I want to pass these newer and more powerful vehicles on the highway.
Hopefully, I'm going about this the best and most cost-effective way. I'd rather sink some money in and not have the car payment (8 more payments and its mine :bounce: ) than consider buying something new/newer and having a car payment again. :banghead:

no problems here, mileage is much better along with performance when I need it

Less than 1 year, problem free with the Apten chip.

Apten chip = never a problem
Apten dual program Flasher = never a problem

Back