How many? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many?

In the Pink

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
7.3 F250
How many Explorer Sports did Ford sell 2013? :exp: I know they're super popular right now and would like to know compared to the other Ex's how many have sold.:scratch:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the site. Ex sales are up quite a bit! Ford is doing some good things and it shows.

Maybe Crystal can chime in with some info on specific models?

IIRC, somewhere said the sport allotment they were BUILDING was in the 7% range ?

if so, they must be selling a lot of non-sports elsewhere,
because sports are the majority that we see (maybe it's the majority we NOTICE ?!? :) )

Ford is suggesting we stock 15% Sports in inventory. But I personally see no point in stocking many limited models as the money is close and the options are about the same. But I know not everyone will like the black trim or wheels or care about the power or engine. Same reason we stock 3 SHO's and 10 Limited models. Not everyone cares abotu the power. I hope they keep it limited in supply as to make them more in demand and rare. Majority will still be XLT and Base no matter what just because of simply the cost factor.

IIRC, somewhere said the sport allotment they were BUILDING was in the 7% range ?

if so, they must be selling a lot of non-sports elsewhere,
because sports are the majority that we see (maybe it's the majority we NOTICE ?!? :) )
Granted I'm in a smaller area outside of Ottawa but I've only seen 1 Sport. Quite a few XLT and Limiteds.

Peter

Granted I'm in a smaller area outside of Ottawa but I've only seen 1 Sport. Quite a few XLT and Limiteds.

Peter

I live in Ottawa, and have not seen another Sport. Lots of LTD & XLT

Brian

In NJ, I have seen a hand full of them and my dealer said he can't keep them on the lot which is what lead me to ask the question in the first place. Thanks for the replies.

i'm calling now :)

on edit - they say they have no 'visibility' of those figures but they would transfer me to a local dealer to ask ?!?!

How is a local dealer going to know more than a ford rep ???

oh well, the plates are in on my new truck so will ask tonight...

Back