How much is a 94 2x4 parts EX worth? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How much is a 94 2x4 parts EX worth?

huntman58

Reaction score
City, State
Fremont calif.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Dodge Advenger
I have a 94 XLT 4 door 2 wheel drive Explorer with an auto tranny. :dead:

The motor is shot (bad heads and bearings) and torn down to the sort block. The body is in good shape with one smooth dent on the pass side front fender. The paint looks like it would even buff out fairly well. There is some rust but nothing that is more then surface and as far as I can see no body rot.

The head liner material, visors, carpet are dirtily or bad .it is complete but what I am keeping.

The rear pass side door, the intake system, air cleaner system, inside trim parts, and the Tupperware and maybe the roof rack. I might also trade seats out as it has buckets and I have the 60/40 bench.

Other then the parts I mentioned it would be a complete truck

So what do you all think its worth?
What’s the best way to sell some thing like this?
It’s in Fresno Calif area if any one wants to know.

I have never had to sell or dispose of some thing like this so I am at a loss here and my first thought was to just call a junk yard then thinking I felt if any one would know it would be you guys here! :feedback:

Thanks for helping me decide what to do with it. I just know I am not willing to part it out:thumbdwn: and try to sell it off that way. I just do not have the health to do that nor the place for it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sell it as a parts truck or project truck.

You probably won't get a bunch of cash, but you may get more than just hauling it off to the junkyard. I know most of the yards around here only pay around $75 - $100 for junked vehicles.

Not very much, something like that usually costs the owner to drag away... if the transmission is low miles you may be able to sell that...

Ya I know it’s not worth a whole lot. Did plan to if I sell it list it as a parts / project truck would not be fair or right any other way. We or I should say when my wife junked her moms old Nova (76 4 door in line 6 not running) she got $150 for it and they came and towed it away for that. This truck has 110,000 or right in that ball park on it and yes that is the real miles. So the tranny should be good for some one be it a 2x4 or with some work and new tail for a 4x4. I know if I had the health, money and place I would love to make a fun rig out of it with a Dana 44 front axel set up o well when it comes down to it and that may be in a week or so I should know more what I am going to do . Would love to give some one here first crack at it I do know that.

I think its such a shame as all he had to do was fix a darn coolant leak for less then ten bucks and it would still be running but he did not and instead over heated it and blew the heads and gaskets then got water in the pan and ran it long enough it took out the bearings . So sad and so not called for but that’s why he can not barrow my truck or car LOL.

If the tranny is good and the interior is just dirty but good, a couple hundred bucks is fair. I have paid up to 300 for a 4wd 1st gen parts truck with a blown engine, but the rest of it was GREAT

Tranny as far as I know is good never hears any complaints on it at all but the interior? Well the carpets are dirty and I do mean dirty. back seats look good. front seats well there questionable as dirty and some holes mainly drivers seat and the owner was a large man and I do mean large so how broken down are they that I am not for sure but he did not have it for more then about 20,000 miles. Headliner is gone as for the covering but the backing is good.

I am pulling and using parts to fix all the little things in my 93 and being I am going to be painting it also that is why I am trading doors and not trying to fix mine. Easier to do a bolt off bolt on at lest for me.

Do wish I had the Room I would love to keep the front clip and back hatch plus all the glass but o well that’s how it go's some times. Any hoot the pink was found so this truck will be out of my hands here in a few weeks one way or the other. Just wanted to see if it’s worth the time to try and sell it vs. junking it. If there is any one here that might want a shot at it drop me a line and we can talk.

With scrap prices as high as they are, take the battery and gas tank out, drain all the fluids and tow it to a metal recycler. I think the scrap metal place here was giving $160 or so a ton for car bodies a couple weeks ago, and it should be pretty much the same anywhere. Scrap metal prices really are insanely high.

good Idea as not many fluids to drain at this point all I need to do is find a car trailer . Even that would be easy if Uhaul was not so dumb!

good Idea as not many fluids to drain at this point all I need to do is find a car trailer . Even that would be easy if Uhaul was not so dumb!

Good luck that's what they do best....being dumb. Does the owner have contacts that may have a trailer to use?

I wish dang kid any way but no he had to get his dad to rent from u haul and bring it here about 150 miles from his house as a last hope. they did try to get it to run I found out (would have been nice to know this info) and when I asked did you check the oil coolant do a compression test it was all no but we did put new plugs and wires in it LOL like that will help a creaked head or blown head gasket, And they wonder why I will not let them work on mom's car gee I wonder why LMAO. Some people should never be allowed to touch a wrench

I wish dang kid any way but no he had to get his dad to rent from u haul and bring it here about 150 miles from his house as a last hope. they did try to get it to run I found out (would have been nice to know this info) and when I asked did you check the oil coolant do a compression test it was all no but we did put new plugs and wires in it LOL like that will help a creaked head or blown head gasket, And they wonder why I will not let them work on mom's car gee I wonder why LMAO. Some people should never be allowed to touch a wrench

I always thought you were SUPPOSED to check the coolant and oil in an older vehicle, kinda like before you start a lawnmower... check for gas & oil?

LOL so it already had a miss and so they threw plugs n wires at it... only to make it worse I'm sure!

I do know what you mean about some people should be banned from wrenches.... I worked with a kid that couldn't bring you the right tool or even have common sense (my 5yr old could run circles around this dude). That was one guy who should've been denied entry into the army, as he was a waste of oxygen, uniform, and space.

Mr. Cribb I here ya man do I here ya. Have known way too many like that in my life. There almost as bad as the ones who think they know it all but can not do any thing unless it written in a book or things fallow the book. Well repair books are guild lines as they do not give you every thing some things are assumed you can think on your own. o well still do not know what I will do with it but once I get mine all fixed with his parts then I will decide if I want more parts and then junk it or leave them and try to sell it for around junk yard price and give some one a chance at it for there parts or project.

Mr. Cribb I here ya man do I here ya. There almost as bad as the ones who think they know it all but can not do any thing unless it written in a book or things fallow the book. Well repair books are guild lines as they do not give you every thing some things are assumed you can think on your own.

^sooooo true..... I can't count how many "superiors" I've worked for that had that mentality..... I almost thought common sense was a given as in you were born with it, or at least taught it, until I went to my last duty station. That place was full of dee-dit-dee's hahaha.

Good luck with your new "parts truck". It seems as if you inherited it. Which could be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it.

Yes inherited it I have done.I will use what I need or think I will down the line and have storage for but the rest well what ever I get for it I will give him to help him find another auto to blow up LOL.

Back