How much pressure do my tires need, please | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How much pressure do my tires need, please

"Sidewall start to bulge"???? Did you EVER look at a car tires to see how much bulge they have? 35psi is encrusted in small car owners brain and they think the SUV's should be the same.
Geez, some people like to think that they are smarter than the manufacturer engineers... Those engineers are just some idiots that never know anything! Same with the DOT people that check those settings before approving a car/SUV to be sold in USA.

Chalk tests? Do you really think that the contact patch wasn't studied in the factory when they recommended the tire pressure? And not only in straight line, but in more important in the curves where you want to have maximum contact patch.
Sure, they study the OEM tire and that's the one they recomend to use. But the guys here that say they know better, they didn't STUDY any other tire on the Explorer, they just run their fingers on the keyboard assuming things.
"Tire manufacturer recomandations"? The only recomandation they put on tires is "Don't you dare to blow it over 44psi at cold! Don't spin it faster than x.. mph! Don't load it more than x.. lbs!". They have no clue what car/truck you will install that tire and what's the weight of that car/truck!

Sure, when you run out of rational arguments, insults are the best next thing! You are lucky that on this forum there is no moderation...

you're an idiot.

I'm trying to figure out who to listen to: the vehicle's engineer, the tire manufacturer, or a tire mechanic. What's the score ?

always the vehicle engineer's its why then you can sue the vehicle maker.

if you change what came on the vehicle, then the tire mfg, but it still has to be vehicle mfg spec. ex: in this tire pressure.

if you listen to a tire mechanic your pretty much sol.

Back