How to activate lock unlock with a jumper at the connector? ****ch test? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to activate lock unlock with a jumper at the connector? ****ch test?

fabianoliver

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Montevideo - Uruguay
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Good morning!
since I bought the XLT (a month ago) the central locking has not worked.
Only the lock side of the switch on the passenger side works. When I press lock, all 5 locks close, but then I have to open them by hand.
They also didn't open and close with the use of the key in the driver's door.
I would like to know:
How to test if the switches are broken....and I would like to be able to execute the central lock with a pin in the connector, to verify if the motors opens and closes. With a multimeter is there a way to check the switches?
I've searched info on that, but i've found nothing on lock-unlock with a jumper on the connnector switches...
Thanks for the info!
Good day for all

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Must be your switch since the solenoid works. The little lock solenoid wouldn't work at all if it had an open short.

Those switches can be disassembled and the contacts cleaned with fine sandpaper. I've had success with several of them.

Those switches can be disassembled and the contacts cleaned with fine sandpaper. I've had success with several of them.
that's a very good new......thanks LG57!

Back