How to install grille? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to install grille?

Saik

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer XLT
Is there any tutorials to install a grille replacement? Any special tools needed?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is there any tutorials to install a grille replacement? Any special tools needed?

Can you be more specific? Is this an aftermarket grill or a stock one?

If a stock one, Triton had step one down and you will need a screwdriver. More specifically a phillips head screwdriver. Pop the hood open, remove the 4 screws ontop of the grill and then lift it out.

Yeah some details would be good.

Weber? Char-Broil? Brinkmann?

Propane or charcoal?

When I typed it as grill, I was wondering if I misspelled it wrong.

If you need pictures on how to install the Street Scene grille, I can post up what I took when I did mine.

BigRondo said:
While I have to agree that you guys are funny :p:, I'm gonna move us back on track.

Check out my thread for replacing the ambient temp sensor. It has instructions for removing/replacing the grille: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305435

Hope this helps out! :biggthump

Damnit you're right. I need to stay on track. Sorry Rondo.

Lol sorry I just bought a grille off ebay to accent the look of my white explorer before I sell it. yeah I didn't know all you needed was a screwdriver :p.

Will update post when I install new grille

Lol sorry I just bought a grille off ebay to accent the look of my white explorer before I sell it. yeah I didn't know all you needed was a screwdriver :p.

Will update post when I install new grille

Standing by for pics............................:popcorn:

As promised here are some pics of the new grille. Not really thrilled about em, but it does add great accent to my white explorer. Looks great with the chrome door handles I have

I guess the only problem is it tends to blind other drivers on the road when it's sunny lol :dead:

100_0896.jpg

100_0897.jpg

It looks like it fits nicely! So you are doing little things in order to sell it?

Looks good. Do you have any pics from further back?

I'm not a fan of it either, but it sure is better than those people who install the Lincoln grills on Expo's because those look terrible.

I'm not a fan of it either, but it sure is better than those people who install the Lincoln grills on Expo's because those look terrible.

ive never seen that one before lol. the most modded if seen an explorer by me is a bull bar and HIDs, and some guy around the corner from me who switched his sport wheels with his 06 xlt wheels, the two cars look horrible with the wheels like that

Well I didn't find the one i was looking for yet, but here is one.

100_4096.jpg

And then found this...not sure which is worse lol.
sIMG_6276.jpg

Lincoln belongs on a Lincoln

Back