• Register Today It's free!

How to paint trim?

jakemccarthy

Reaction score
City, State
Berwick, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer XLT V8
Hey, I have a white explorer with gray trim. I am considering painting all of the trim and bumpers white. I think it will look cleaner. Any recommendations? Brand of paint? Procedure?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's my link how I went from this...

picture.php

to this...

picture.php

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322733&highlight=wahoo

Would the krylon fusion plastic be the best, or would primer, paint and clear coat be better?

thanks

Would the krylon fusion plastic be the best, or would primer, paint and clear coat be better?

thanks

The Krylon Fusion is designed for plastic and does not need a primer coat. I highly recommend using clear coat to prevent fading as it has UV protection.

KrylonFusionClear-CanCustom.jpg

When I did mine. I prepped it, primed it with regular flat black primer with a couple layers and then painted with the Krylon Fusion for palstics Satin Black paint. I haven't had any chipping, flaking, fading, etc...

When I did mine. I prepped it, primed it with regular flat black primer with a couple layers and then painted with the Krylon Fusion for palstics Satin Black paint. I haven't had any chipping, flaking, fading, etc...

Thanks for the input. I know without the clear, my rear pillars have faded. Maybe the trim doesn't fade due to a different angle to the sun? :dunno:

Back