How to prove to all you K&N bashers that it is worth the money | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to prove to all you K&N bashers that it is worth the money

bipolarbob

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Kelowna,British Columbia,Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Eddie Bauer
I remember reading in a thread lately that the K&N was as good as a Throttle body spacer. Well, it was -30 here a while ago, and I went and spent a couple of hours doing donuts in a foot and a half of fresh powder at the mall. The next day my truck was running crappy, and my K&N was a big block of ice. It was still -30, so cleaning my filter wasn't going to happen so I got a paper one. I have no gas guage in my truck, so I allways fill up at around 300 k's. Well since the K&N is gone, I ran out of gas at 270k's! I have been filling up at 260 and it has been using the same as I used to use doing 300!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Moral of the story: Don't do doughnuts in the snow ;) You'll get bad gas mileage.

IAmTodd said:
Moral of the story: Don't do doughnuts in the snow ;) You'll get bad gas mileage.
LMAO! :D :nono:

if its one big block of ice i think its time for a re-oiling...

i dunno

If it's one big block of ice I think its time to bring it inside for a day or two to thaw it out. You could even cozy up with it next to the fireplace to dry it out

That's why I bought the paper one....I wasn't about to bring the K&N in to defrost and leave a big mess inside. It's warm enough to clean it outside now.

my k&n helps my milage by 30-70k...worth it to me

Back