How to: Pull trouble codes on 4WABS, very simple | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: Pull trouble codes on 4WABS, very simple

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know if this will help or not because it is for a 1994 Bronco, but it should be similar. Can't yet find the Explorer info but when I do, I will post that.

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86620

Some good info and the link works...I will add this I disabled the ABS about 2 years ago pulled the 30 amp fuse...I didn't like the pulsing on hard stops...naturally the ABS light came on and went off when the fuse was put back in 2 years ago...Now 2 years latter the light wont go off with the fuse in and the fuse is good???

So why bother now, I had a transmission rebuild and I'm having trouble with TTC lock-up. The trany is slow to release lock-up and will not release lock-up when you hit the brakes. What I read the TTC gets it's info when to lock and unlock form the computer.
I read it's supposed to unlock when you touch the brakes. So my thought is the computer is not getting information from the ABS to send to the TTC...Just a theory???

Anybody now for sure...
Thanks for the help
Bruce

Can someone re post the pics i dont know what pin e looks like

ABS Connector

Hope this helps smegun.

I did a Google search and found the connector:

images

Try this info

If that pic didn't help, try this video that bruce119 posted to youtube:

OK I'm going to add photos & video to this thread...I have a code 17 need help with that...

I had an ABS light on so I took photos and video

Hopefully it will help someone and someone can help me...

The connector is located here
View attachment 79588

Here the cap is off and I pulled it away for easy access
View attachment 79589

Here I have jumpers and test light hooked up my test light didn't work so I used the dash ABS light
View attachment 79590

Here is the YouTube video that shows my codes..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb__HhmDli0&feature=em-upload_owner

Hope it helps someone and someone can help me with the code 17...

Thanks
Bruce

which pins are what? I cannot tell by my connector.

Please re-upload the pictures if possible
If I don't get lazy tomorrow and it's not raining like crazy, I'll perform this test on my 1994 and make a video.

Since bruce119 covered 4WABS, I figured I'd make a video for RABS on the 1991 and 1992 model years.

Photos & video

OK I'm going to add photos & video to this thread...I have a code 17 need help with that...

I had an ABS light on so I took photos and video

Hopefully it will help someone and someone can help me...

The connector is located here
View attachment 79588

Here the cap is off and I pulled it away for easy access
View attachment 79589

Here I have jumpers and test light hooked up my test light didn't work so I used the dash ABS light
View attachment 79590

Here is the YouTube video that shows my codes..

Hope it helps someone and someone can help me with the code 17...

Thanks
Bruce

I have a 94 Limited edition Explorer and the ABS light is always on. It did not flash at all. Is my ABS module faulty? Is it easy to replace? Or am I doing something wrong?

Back