• Register Today It's free!

How to remove grill emblem?

Slick

Reaction score
City, State
Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Sport 2wd
I'm thinking of ordering this carbon fiber FORD emblem off ebay (4.75"x1.75") that is the right size for the grill emblem right? And also, how do i remove the emblem that is in my grill right now? is it screwed in or 3m taped or what? And for my final question, the carbonfiber emblem i'm ordering has the 3m tape on it. Is this gonna make the emblem stick out farther than stock or?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I almost sure that there should be two post that go from the back of the emblem through the grille. There will be two nuts on the backside of the grille which need to be removed in order to get the emblem off.

Originally posted by LStoudenmire
I almost sure that there should be two post that go from the back of the emblem through the grille. There will be two nuts on the backside of the grille which need to be removed in order to get the emblem off.

Yes, good description. Just recently had mine off to paint the grill.

Thanks for the help guys. also, do u know if putting the new emblems on with 3m tape will make it stick out or anything?

It probably will. I have used the 3m tape on my 94 front emblem temporarily, and it does stick out slightly. BUT, it certainly hasn't moved. I love the 3M Tape.

how do the front emblems for the 91-94's come off??

Back