How to test my A/C Glacier991 or anyone | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to test my A/C Glacier991 or anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes my prediction of flushing it for sure is one thing that will be done, prestone makes a good flushing solution where you use a garden hose and their flush treatment.

Blue orifice ok that is the one i shall get.

My eyes or my typing is bad... :) :)

I looked again on sticker and it states 2 ozs i had to get close to it to read it really well, but from a distance like if your standing straight up and looking at the sticker you would swear it says 20 ozs... :)

I shall adjust my posts.

Either way i will be going with R-134a and my friend who is the mechanic will know better then me how much oil for R-134a will be, just like you guys in here will know better then me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

NONONO, this is NOT like flushing a radiator... NO WATER, you need a special flushing solution made for AC.... NO PRESTONE!!!!!!

Oh ya wtf was i smoking....... lol

I had flushing my rad on my mind around the time of the post.

What do you suggest for a good A/C flush solution?

Or anyone suggests?

You post here what you do, as I need freon for my 91 LSC, and I don't want to ask how much R12 is now.

CDW6212R are you asking Glacier991 what he does for a living or are you asking me what i do?

Let me rephrase that, please post how you do flush your AC system? I hope to keep the R12 working in my 1991 Lincoln.

There is a few ways to do s, but first off you need to recover whats in the system first. The best thing i suggest is having a shop do this as 95% of the DIY people don't have the equipment to do this.

In my case my refrigerant leaked out and my friend who is a mechanic has the equipment at his work place to help me out.

Search google for flushing FORD A/C units as i know ford has a specific way in doing theres, but i can't find the stupid link i had for it.

Thanks BrooklynBay for that link, there is very good information there about flushing AC systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back