How to wire remote turn on lead to Fuse Box? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to wire remote turn on lead to Fuse Box?

Big Green

Reaction score
City, State
OKC, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT 4.6L
Just wondering if you had the factory HU and wanted to wire the Remote turn on lead on the amp to the fuse box, how would you do that? Would you just place the wire in an empty accessory slot? Thanks guys

Scott

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It should be run to the wire on the HU.

There isnt a remote wire on the back of the factory HU, the only other options that I have heard are; run the wire to the fuse box, and splice it into something that only has power when the car is on. BTW this is for an 01 Mustang GT in-dash 6.

You could run it to the fuse block. Pull the radio fuse, put the wire in there, then put the fuse back in. That's what I did with my radar detector.

just run a wire from the 12v switched on the HU to the remote IN o the amp..that should work =)

the HU should have a constant 12v feed which is normally red and a switched 12v feed which is normally yellow...on the HUs i have installed they have been those colors might not be the same for ur car

that should also already be fused

Thanks guys I'll try both of those ideas, if anyone else has any suggestions throw them my way.

i dunno if this is something that interests u..but since ur wireing anyway ill just get it out there

i have wired a switch into my remote wire so i can shut off the amp at will...mostly because of bacon!! but also for taking the car to have any work done to it i didnt want to come back and find raped subs

so if u want since u are already wiring u could simply wire in a switch to either the 12v switched...that way itl turn on and off with the car but u can also shut it off..

my subs dont go quiet enough to be "legal" if the cop wanted to be an ass so thats why i shut the amp totaly off..or i just mute it but that gets boring lol

Remember that the test light is always your friend. Check whatever you're tapping before wiring it up to anything you might hold dear. :cool:

i thought thats what 2 moistened fingers was for?? test light damn thats a good idea =) tee hehe

Originally posted by mhn3773
i thought thats what 2 moistened fingers was for?? test light damn thats a good idea =) tee hehe

Or a tounge!! :D

Ummmm... Are we still talking about electricity? ;) :D

I dunno..I never thought electricity could be so kinky!! :D

If you are using a line out converter, there is one thing I've run accross with the remote turn on lead, especially if you are adding a sub amp. If you wire the remote turn on to switched ignition source in the fuse box, you will run into the problem of the amp staying on if you turn off just the radio (still with the key turned on). Depending on where you found your audio input for the converter (speaker wire) you could run into a sort of "feed back" situation where the subs will start playing a loud tone when the radio is off. Easy way to eliminate this problem is to put in the on/off switch. The right way to eleminate this is to get a part from DEI (Directed Electronics), the Remote Power Adapter. I think it has 22000 in the part number, not sure, but it is in their audio accessory line. It hooks up to speaker wire and doesn't send out a remote turn on signal until it senses audio. I've been in this for at least 10 years and can't begin to count how many times someone has come back saying "My subs send out this hum everytime I shut off the radio." Who knows, you might not have this problem, but just in case :)

Try here

Back