turn on lead 2006 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

turn on lead 2006

mike 53

Reaction score
Hi everyone this is my first post so I hope it’s in the right spot. I just finished running all the wires for my brother’s 2006 explorer E.B. I have the mp3 radio. I am adding an amp and 2 subs. I am having a problem finding a spot for the remote-on lead for the amp does anyone have any suggestions?
Oh and I think I might have run into a problem the subs I got are 2 12” planet audio Vortex Series PRO Subwoofers, which are dual 4 ohm voice coils. These are the specs

650W max
325W rms
20HZ-1.2KHZ Frequency Response
92 dB Efficiency (1 Watt/ 1 Meter)
4 Ohm (per voice coil) Impedance
Dual 2-1/2" Aluminum Voice Coil
100 Oz Magnet Structure

And a sound storm f700.2 amp that has an rms of 250w x 2 at 4ohms anyone has an idea of how to wire them I don’t think the amp will work with the subs because of the outputs. Please let me know

Amplifier Type Dual Channel

Bridgable Yes

RMS Power at 4 Ohms 250 W x 2

Power MAX at 2 ohms 700W x 2

Bridged Power 1400W x 1

Yes I am a noob never done this before

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If that amplifier is in fact one ohm stable, you can run the subs down to one ohm by connecting the positives on each subwoofer together and the negatives together and bridge them on the amplifier..I hope you under stand that. Also if you cannot find a remote lead from your head unit, you can take a volt meter and find a 12 volt switched source by turning the key in the ignition to the on position and seeing what turns on. When you turn the key off, if it goes off then this would be a source for a remote tap.

Welcome to the site.

is there a green/white wire behind the radio? if so test it, should be the ignition switched. if not then tell me if the truck is eddie bauer, xlt, xls, or limited. then v6 or v8 and if it's base radio, premium radio without DVD or premium radio with DVD.

lose ya?

for your wiring options with the sub, go play with this site:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp

CPL DOZIER Ithink you missed the fact that his subs are dvc. If he parrallel his voice coils he would be 1ohm mono, which is to low.

mike 53 you need to wire them in a series/parallel configuration. Follow this link to JL Audio's web site and you will see a picture of just how to wire it.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=161

Look at the picture "2 dvc drivers with voice coils in series/parallel"

Your goal is to a 4ohm load on your bridged amp.

thanks alot guys i got it all hooked up still not staified with the way my subs are set up im gona play with them a little and see what works best. i found the wire that i have to hook up the turn on lead to in the back of the radio.

SJR- you were right. I made a mistake. Glad he did not try that, ha ha ha.

Back