How to wire up shocking device on cd player | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to wire up shocking device on cd player

how bad will this hurt someone? I dont want to kill em lol, just a good ol shock that is gonna stop em. An with the any charges that just bs. someone breaks in your car an they get hurt in any way an you get in trouble! We live on private property dont know if that changes anything but still gonna try to rig something up on the cd player. Got a thing in the making now, has over 400 very sharp pins in it sticking up just under half inch. going to buy seat covers an insert them on my seat under the cover when I park it at night so who ever gets in it an sits down gonna have plenty of lil holes in there butt an thighs:D

lol yup it will be you, A little sleepy and forget about it!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I still think CAHUNTERMAN had the best idea, a small flashing LED in the right place will make the would-be thief think twice before taking the chance that your truck has an alarm that will wake the dead if they try breaking in.
The aircraft cable isn't a bad idea either but much more work, especially finding a place to attach the cable to the deck and somewhere under the dash.

WoW.. Have not been on here in forever... Well to all that has read or responded to this topic. I did make an put a pizza top box full of pin needles an I put that in my car at night. The interior lights don't come on so its not all that visible esp. with a towel over it. Another thing last night just a block over my aunt caught two people getting into a neighbors car at 4 in the morning, she yelled at em an called the cops. When the cop got here half hour later he walked up an down the street looking for them as if they was still around. An come to find that he seen 5 other cars got broken into. Well I got on my aunt told her next time dont yell or say anything to em call me then wait 5 mins an call the cops. I know this neighbor very well an ill sneak up on em an give em a nice citizen arrest an make sure there not going to go know where for a while. Kid or not they will learn, this is the third episode here wher they got in more then 5+ cars in a night whats next breaking in a house? Screw that.. I will catch em myself

Some car thieves have guns. Startling a car thief with a gun will not end well for either of you, even if you are armed as well. Certainly no life is worth a car stereo no matter how nice, or how strapped for cash you are - at least you have something to put that stereo into.

Steps to avoid problems:

Removable face - a step in the right direction, IF you actually remove the face every time.

Alarm system - somethings better than nothing right?

Blinky lights/alarm stickers - may or may not be beneficial

Remove all your steal me stickers - sure having a huge alpine, us amps, kicker, rockford etc. sticker on your window may look cool, but it also states "I have aftermarket stereo equipment in my ride, steal me... please?"

Watch where you bump - C'mon there is no need to thrash your car stereo around where you live, nor is there reason to in the shadier parts of your drive. Driving a flashy car is one thing, but blastin a couple subs everywhere is just more attention.

Multiple interior alarm horns - well the thief wont stick around too long inside if he feels his ears will bleed

Cameras - quality will be the utmost important thing, me personally, I dont think this would be worth it unless you have BIG money tied up in the car - and to that point they would probably take the whole damn car so you would be looking into GPS tracking and kill switches at the same time.

I'm sure theres more but I'm tired and just felt like throwing some stuff out there thats kept me safe so far... I've been guilty of the stickers before but learned the error of my ways (and it looks cleaner frankly)

******'s? Well, then I see see some retards. If you think a scumbag won't sue you even if he's not hurt, you are sadly mistaken. And if you think a thief is going to get shocked and then just leave your car, you are also mistaken. I used to know some car thieves in high school. If they couldn't get your nice CD player out, they'd stick a screwdriver in it for you. I'm sure if you gave someone a good shock your entire interior will likely get a make over. Your best bet is not to have a system if you live in the slums.

I walked up on some scumbag breaking into my eclipse a few years back. after he noticed me standing over him he tried to get tough and all that bs then pulled a knife so I kicked him and he kind of fell between the car and the open door so I slammed the door on him a few times then gave him a beating cops came found out he had warrants and went away for a few years... oh and as for people that say someone stealing your stuff isn’t worth a life I say what’s to stop this scumbag from mugging someone or killing someone in the process if you are worthless enough to go around stealing from hard working people then you have no use to the world and really no point in being around

******'s? Well, then I see see some retards. If you think a scumbag won't sue you even if he's not hurt, you are sadly mistaken. And if you think a thief is going to get shocked and then just leave your car, you are also mistaken. I used to know some car thieves in high school. If they couldn't get your nice CD player out, they'd stick a screwdriver in it for you. I'm sure if you gave someone a good shock your entire interior will likely get a make over. Your best bet is not to have a system if you live in the slums.

You don't have to live in the "slums" for someone to break in nor rob you! An for each there own. If you dont mind someone breaking into your own property,taking what you worked hard for,disrespect you in there own way, an invade your privacy so to speak then speak up an ill put the word out so they can come to you then cause im sure they would have a hay day then..

heres my anti-theft stereo

100_1238.jpg

and my explorer has the stock cd/cassette player.

neither are hot items, or a big loss if stolen. if money is tight, don't spend it on a flashy cd player. thats just dumb. i can hook my mp3 player up to either stereo, and take it inside at night.

oh yeah, super dark tint is another good way to get your rig broken into. you can take a quick glance inside my rigs, see nothing worth stealing, and move on your way.

and if someone decides they still want it? i live in the country, in arkansas. the dog tells me someone is f-ing with my stuff, and the pump of my shotgun tells the would-be-thief "jail or grave".

lol, i like the handcuffs on the gear shifters

heres my anti-theft stereo

100_1238.jpg

and my explorer has the stock cd/cassette player.

neither are hot items, or a big loss if stolen. if money is tight, don't spend it on a flashy cd player. thats just dumb. i can hook my mp3 player up to either stereo, and take it inside at night.

oh yeah, super dark tint is another good way to get your rig broken into. you can take a quick glance inside my rigs, see nothing worth stealing, and move on your way.

and if someone decides they still want it? i live in the country, in arkansas. the dog tells me someone is f-ing with my stuff, and the pump of my shotgun tells the would-be-thief "jail or grave".

yea the cuffs gives it a nice touch lol..

Well the community I live in has had a problem twice this year. This past friday night people got in my explorer ripped out my dash an cd player. Along with about 5 others.
I took the problem with your community to be the community itself. Get a pager alarm, and deal with them as they come. As for alerting people to my stuff, feel free. My cars sit in a locked garage, and if you think you can sneak by my 2 Aussies, and Lab/Chow, good luck. I hope you can run with a box.

I took the problem with your community to be the community itself. Get a pager alarm, and deal with them as they come. As for alerting people to my stuff, feel free. My cars sit in a locked garage, and if you think you can sneak by my 2 Aussies, and Lab/Chow, good luck. I hope you can run with a box.

Well assuming one lives in the "slums" cause cars are getting broke into is wrong! An nor did I say I was to break into anything... Just cause you have a locked garage/dogs don't mean a thief cant come in an take what he wants..

I didn't reread the whole thread when I got the email notification. I thought it was originally a bad neighborhood deal. I never equated slums to car thievery. I also never said I didn't mind someone taking my things that I worked hard for. I withdraw that you live in the slums. Having a locked garage, and watch dogs certainly makes it a lot harder to break in. A thief is far far less likely to try an steal a stereo from a car inside a garage. What about the idea of shocking a thief being stupid? If you are worried about losing what you worked hard for this is an A1 way to lose a large chunk of it. I a thief gets zapped, at the very least he is going to damage the hell out of your car. The very worst and you get to buy him a new wardrobe, a car or two, and some jewelry.

I didn't reread the whole thread when I got the email notification. I thought it was originally a bad neighborhood deal. I never equated slums to car thievery. I also never said I didn't mind someone taking my things that I worked hard for. I withdraw that you live in the slums. Having a locked garage, and watch dogs certainly makes it a lot harder to break in. A thief is far far less likely to try an steal a stereo from a car inside a garage. What about the idea of shocking a thief being stupid? If you are worried about losing what you worked hard for this is an A1 way to lose a large chunk of it. I a thief gets zapped, at the very least he is going to damage the hell out of your car. The very worst and you get to buy him a new wardrobe, a car or two, and some jewelry.

K well I apologize then.. An to shock someone to me, it could be a bad thing as you an others point out or a good thing. To me I would love to know whom ever was trying to take my stuff got the **** shocked/knocked out of em..An they shock I want to get he is gonna feel it an is gonna make lots of noise so to stick around after making that amount of noise would be silly, to me id think he want to get the hell out of dodge while he could. But thats just my theory on it. Also as for the ones that are doing are most likely 16-17 an rookies, from what they leave behind an dont take. An since the cops dont want to really do anything about it nor patrol out here since in the last say 8 months 15-20 cars have got hit an a nieghbor just told me a place was broken into an they toke a bmx bike,skate boards an that was it. So things have to be done to catch these people so they can learn what will an can happen to em once there caught

Back