Hvac Vacuum lines From Black ball Front passengers side Fender to??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hvac Vacuum lines From Black ball Front passengers side Fender to???

crazy1378

Reaction score
City, State
whittier, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 xlt
I have a vacuum leak in my 2000 Ford Explorer. XLT sohc. I was looking for a vacuum leak and I noticed that this thin plastic lines were just hanging on the Passenger Fender well. Began to investigate where they went. I found a black ball. With similar hoses that were not connected. Can somebody please tell me Where these lines are going and how to fix the vacuum leak.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a vacuum leak in my 2000 Ford Explorer. XLT sohc. I was looking for a vacuum leak and I noticed that this thin plastic lines were just hanging on the Passenger Fender well. Began to investigate where they went. I found a black ball. With similar hoses that were not connected. Can somebody please tell me Where these lines are going and how to fix the vacuum leak.
the black ball is for the AC system, common source of leaks
@Turdle has a thread about it iirc

the black ball is for the AC system, common source of leaks
@Turdle has a thread about it iirc
On 95-96, it is also for the 4WD system/front axle disconnect. It has an extra port.

On 95-96, it is also for the 4WD system/front axle disconnect. It has an extra port.
oh thats right i forgot 😅 luckily his is an 00

Back