• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

I bought a 1994 Aerostar with 80K miles!

don-ohio

Reaction score
City, State
jackson,ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Aerostar extended
Low miles,but I'm not a fan of cargo vans.I tried one out once with low miles,but it didn't have a comfortable seat and drove differently altogether from my Eddie and my present one. That looks like the short version and 3.0 V6. don-ohio :)^)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

Adam_tinkerer

Reaction score
City, State
Newton, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Aerostar
That dude was awfully proud of his scruffy lil' cargo! There was a nice red and gold awd extended Aero on Charlotte cl before xmas, and they were only asking $2200 or so...

don-ohio

Reaction score
City, State
jackson,ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Aerostar extended
Yeah,we're all proud........

..........of our vans,Cargo or Passenger type. That one you mentioned sounded like a heck of a deal,Tinkerer! don-ohio :)^)

zenish

Reaction score
City, State
charlotte nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 aerostar xlt
my mistake.59000 miles.lol

zenish

Reaction score
City, State
charlotte nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 aerostar xlt

FPGT24

Eat, sleep, breathe Explorers
Reaction score
City, State
Taneytown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer XLT
Your post was moved into its own thread with a new title. How did you find an Aerostar with 80K miles? Post some pictures of it. Does it have a 3.0L or a 4.0L? Is it extended or a regular size? What about single or dual A/C?

i found a 80k mile 96 areostar extended 2 year ago at the dealer auction. i bought it for 800 and it blew up 80 miles later....catastrophic head gasket failure.... i scrapped it... .real shame cuz it was mint but it needed a motor and no one wanted it :(

FPGT24

Eat, sleep, breathe Explorers
Reaction score
City, State
Taneytown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer XLT
4.0 OHV

92exp4x4

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Covington, Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XL 2-door and others
Mine is a rusty relic, but I love ol'e Red! She was getting a fuel pump in the pic. Straps just crumbled when I removed the tank.

You have a very nice van. I have always loved that blue.

IMG_20160717_194803064.jpg

IMG_20160717_203220840_HDR.jpg

zenish

Reaction score
City, State
charlotte nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 aerostar xlt

92exp4x4

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Covington, Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XL 2-door and others
thats the color of mine except my running boards and lower body match your rear bumper.

If mine came with running boards, I'd never know if they were there! Eventually I will fix the rust and paint this van. The interior is perfect, not a tear or anything, except for one little spot in the headliner where the previous owner nicked it with an old wash machine as it was being loaded with junk to be scrapped, van included. The carpet is a little nasty, but just in the front. Not bad for $100.