I didn't kill myself or cut myself either! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I didn't kill myself or cut myself either!

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
Tonight was plugs and wires. I heard stories about the heat shields cutting people up, so I was ready. Nothing- took me about an hour to do them all at a leisurely pace, no cute, no smashed fingers like when I slipped with the 1/2" ratchet doing my shocks. Fingernail is still black from that one...

Passenger side I just removed the rubber splash guard, on the driver side, removed the rubber splash guard and the plastic fender liner since I couldn't find my wobbler socket. Not bad at all.

For anyone that wants pics, this was on a V8 Ex, showing what is visible when pulling the wheel off, and the shields as outlined above.

Passenger side:

IMG_0415.jpg

Driver's side:

IMG_0426.jpg

Plugs that came out of the Driver's side f>>b (the fender liner came out after I popped that insulator. Yes, it had Champion plugs.

IMG_0429.jpg

Passenger side f<<b

IMG_0430.jpg

The Zingers I'm eating right now while typing this:

IMG_0434.jpg

I did grab some new splash shields from the junkyard one from each side of these Ex's...

Hatches.jpg

Things I learned tonight:

-Meijer no longer sells Dielectric tune up grease. WTF?

-The $9 spark plug wire puller from Craftsman was well worth $9, it probably saved my knuckles.

-One of my plugs was half out of the head. Explained the ticking...

-Nuno Bettencourt plays a mean-ass guitar.

-Ford has a ridiculously frustrating wire clip/loom for the plug wires, but I got over it.

-I'm a fan of the Sunkist "Solar Fusion" soda.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1. Champion plugs suck.

2. You shouldn't show us the Zingers unless you brought enough to share with everyone.

mannnnn your ex is a rust party! i live in cali, its RARE to see that much rust. my brain still isn't used to it lol

Actually, it's clean underneath- for Michigan! :D

I don't even have rust on the rockers front or underside!

And actually dogfriend, how about a giant Sno-Ball? Ha ha!

giant-sno-ball-1.jpg

I remember those things. My dad used to have them in his lunch box. If he didn't eat them for lunch, he would let me have them when he came home.

He is diabetic now. So is my sister. I haven't developed it yet. No snowballs for me.

wow, i totally took that thread title the wrong way...

and now i just want a zingger

Two comments:
1. Yes, Nuno rocks! :thumbsup:
2. Where's the picture of the beer? :chug:

Man I haven't seen Zingers in years!!!:cool:

and Yes Nuno is amazing!

I will confess- III Sides to Every Story is one of my five favorite albums. I have no idea why Extreme didn't release more of the uptempo songs, they did so well with songs like Hole Hearted and More Than Words, they got typecast as a ballad band. If anyone listened to that album, there were some full orchestra parts- Nuno also arranged teh brass and string sections- very talented dude- too bad he never really got his due.

My god, did you start smoking some of the green stuff or what? You seem to be more active, sarcastic, random n weird than normal. This thread is getting so lost... lmao..

Zingers are great, but I swear if you drop a snowball cake on the ground, ants will walk around it rather than eat it. Those things are nasty.

Zingers are great, but I swear if you drop a snowball cake on the ground, ants will walk around it rather than eat it. Those things are nasty.

They do have kind of a weird rubbery texture IIRC. :p:

no joke, my mom is taking a nap on the couch... she wakes up and says "i want some zingers!" ... i was like "no way me too some guys on the forum made me want them"... 2 seconds later she was back asleep.

^ That's funny right there... ^

:D

My god, did you start smoking some of the green stuff or what? You seem to be more active, sarcastic, random n weird than normal. This thread is getting so lost... lmao..

It could get worse- I'm listening to some Frank Zappa right now.

Back