I found my 02 Explorer!!! Now I need to somehow locate who owns it. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I found my 02 Explorer!!! Now I need to somehow locate who owns it.

Explorer0204

Reaction score
City, State
Upstate NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Explorer XLT
Hello everyone. I am really excited right now as I just found out what happened to my old 02 that I totaled in July of 2012. Problem is, I have no way of knowing who bought it of course. I am not getting anywhere with the salvage people online...I will try to call tomorrow but does anyone have any ideas of how I could figure this out???

It would be my dream to get this thing back I regret not buying it back ever since it happened!! Thank you all

http://www.salvage-cars-for-sale.info/salvage/for-sale-ford-explorer-2002-MjExNTEyMjI

There it is!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.autobidmaster.com/carfin...ORER_X_MV-907A_SALVAGE_CERTIFICATE_ALBANY_NY/

AND AGAIN!!!!

I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A lot of these end up at wrecking yards. What you could do, is run a carfax and see if it has any records past the date of sale.

A lot of these end up at wrecking yards. What you could do, is run a carfax and see if it has any records past the date of sale.

Yea about 5 minutes after posting this I kinda realized that it is probably at a junkyard. That being said I would still love to get some of the parts if they still have them because I obviously know what was good on it and what wasn't. I had a custom driveshaft on it cause the old one broke and new wheel bearings as well as some other good stuff that I would like to buy knowing it is good stuff. Plus I would love to see it again even if it is all torn apart from the junk yard doing its thing. If I ask junk yards to run the VIN you think they can do that??

I believe you can run vins on their websites, if they are reputable and of course have a website. Only issue may be turn around. The car may go to scrap if it's been in the yard for more than 6 months to a year.

I believe you can run vins on their websites, if they are reputable and of course have a website. Only issue may be turn around. The car may go to scrap if it's been in the yard for more than 6 months to a year.
I will search the local junk yards and call them if I have to. Good call didn't think about checking the VINs on their sites.

I'll update the thread with how it all goes.

Back