• Register Today It's free!

I have a few Q's about BL

someguy80

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 sport
I want to get a body lift for my 99 sport 4x4. From what I have read I would get the 98-00 4x4 ranger kit from PA the 3" one correct? And I would need longer bolts right were would I get those. And last but not least does and one have pics of just a 3" BL i want to see picks of it before I do it because if it shows alot of frame like on the jeeps I dont want to do it.
Thanks guys,
Mike:confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know about the sport but, i used most of the bolts from the kit and reused two of the bolts that i removed originally.

Someguy80; most of all you have to give some time for people to respond to questions on this site. Don't be disappointed. I don't have a B.L. (however I am looking into maybe getting one)... No matter the B.L. you are going to show some frame, however luckily the Ex design has remarkably kept most components 'sunken' into the frame... so w/ a 3" b.l. you won't have as dramatic a showing of the frame as you would on most trucks. Others here can answer better than I, what grade a bolts to get, but you should be able to get them from your local auto supply store (just bring them an example of the thread and they should hook you up). Welcome to the Best Ex site in the WORLD!!! :)
Good luck.

There are really alot of great threads on body lifts. Gerald did a awesome write-up on a 2" & 3" Body Lift. He gives you everything that you will need. Bolts to re-use, new bolts to get, what kind, what length.

Just use the search and I promise you will find what is needed. If you have a question it probibly has been asked. Try searching for what you need if you still can't find it everyone here will help you out. They did when I did mine.

I've got quite a few pictures of my Explorer in various stages of development. No TT, TT w/Add-a-leafs, TT w/ OME Springs, 3" Body Lift w/ 31's, 3" Body Lift w/33's.

Just take a look a "Meet Trinity" in my signature. Hope it helps. Feel free it ask me any questions. I 'll help if I can.

My body lift came with all the bolts. You should be able to reuse at least two of your old bolts, if there not badly rusted.

Also there's a company that makes "Body Lift Lips" that will cover up your frame rail space in the tire wells where it's most noticable. They cost about $50 a set and are custom made for each vehicle. There also very easy to install and durable. Most major 4-wheel parts stores sell them. :D

Back