I keep getting different answers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I keep getting different answers

so my g/f is buying 33x12.50 bfg t/a kos for me for christmas. now i currently have stock rim/tires.

I keep reading on here that you have to get wider wheels. But the offroad shop called bfg for prices on the biggest sized tires that will fit on a 15x7 rim and they said the 33x12.50s.
I also have a friend who said he ran 33x12.50s on 15x7 rims on his scottsdale until he upped the lift to 13" and the tires to 39.5".

so i keep hearing different things. i figured the company itself would be right, but....i just want to make sure.

They will fit. They have lots of sidewall. but you will need some lift....

ordering my 3"bl today and already have f150 coil seats

I'm running 33 x 12.5's on my stock rims..

94X.jpg

so my g/f is buying 33x12.50 bfg t/a kos for me for christmas. now i currently have stock rim/tires.

I keep reading on here that you have to get wider wheels. But the offroad shop called bfg for prices on the biggest sized tires that will fit on a 15x7 rim and they said the 33x12.50s.
I also have a friend who said he ran 33x12.50s on 15x7 rims on his scottsdale until he upped the lift to 13" and the tires to 39.5".

so i keep hearing different things. i figured the company itself would be right, but....i just want to make sure.

The confusion exists because there is difference between what is recommended and what people are using. What is even more confusing is the shop called BFG which indicated 12.5s would fit on a 7" rim. This is confusing since BFG's Tire Spec Chart for the TA KOs indicates a 33x12.5 tire's recommended rim with is 8.5-11 inches. :confused: I would suspect this recommendation is for maximum tire life, balance, handling etc..

As mentioned by JDraper several members have run 33x12.5s on OEM 15x7 rims without any major issues. I would venture to say the most popular rim choice 12.5 wide tires is 15x8 rims with 3.75BS. This configuration orients the tire in a position very close to stock. See diagram below..

Click on image for full size.
18205Tires2.jpg

Back