I need some help | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I need some help

I would set it to .96 and call it good, I don't think it ever reaches 5v at WOT but I don't really recall anymore, that would mean the POT would be at 0 ohms, and I don't think that is the case.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, I still have this same issue, with the same codes. The TPS is adjusted right. Everything seems to be fine, it just has a CEL.

I have since had to replace the lower intake gasket, which didn't help this issue, but now it runs better since I cleaned things out.

I am wondering could the air charge temp sensor be an issue? I'll test it when I get a chance.

I tried to read through the thread, but did you have the computer checked to make sure you're not getting false readings?

Eh, ya never know... I think a post a while back had a similar issue with false codes. But this is costing you $$$ now. How can it be tested w/o spending more cash?

hey jesse,been reading the thread and do you think its just a loose wire harness conector ? on my engine when iwas trying to figure out why my temp guage was not working i took the wire that connects onto coolant sensor and putting it back on part of it broke off so i had to splice anew end on it

also i just had a cel light on mine come on ...what that turned out to be was a loose maf harness ...it looked like it was on all the way but it was'nt...the tabs where it locked the harness onto the sensor was on the bottom side of the harness end and could not see them but they were loose .locked the tabs properlly and no more cel .

Back