I think someone vomitted in my console | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I think someone vomitted in my console

ponkotsu

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Lincoln Aviator
It's been bothering me since I bought it. Looked like someone spilled coke or something on it. So I removed the console and disassembled. Honestly looked like someone puked in it. All the way from the trip computer to the rear vents. Had to remove every piece and wash in the sink. Used some hot glue on the broken bits. Found the rear vent deflectors dislodged inside the ductwork. Loose screws floating around in the CD changer. (Guess that was one of the rattles). Found what looked like a half a piece of pizza under the console. Real pain in the arse! But now my console is restored to its original glory. LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's been bothering me since I bought it. Looked like someone spilled coke or something on it. So I removed the console and disassembled. Honestly looked like someone puked in it. All the way from the trip computer to the rear vents. Had to remove every piece and wash in the sink. Used some hot glue on the broken bits. Found the rear vent deflectors dislodged inside the ductwork. Loose screws floating around in the CD changer. (Guess that was one of the rattles). Found what looked like a half a piece of pizza under the console. Real pain in the arse! But now my console is restored to its original glory. LOL

Either this is common, or we had the same issue, because mine also looked like somebody threw up in it, but I am pretty sure it is pop, and crumbs from various fast food places. took A TON of Simple Green, but I was also able to restore it to like new.

it is common. all four of my truck's consoles were like that when i first got them, plus the carpet between the seat and the console was full of what looked like spilled cola.

Pretty common place for people to spill beverages... I mean, that is where people keep their food and beverages when they are eating/drinking in their car. I've bought cars where the first thing I did with the car was put the center console bits through the dishwasher.

This was just a dry run for the real cleaning when the weather gets warmer. I'm going to pull the seats and carpet and clean it real good. Shouldn't take more than a week...

it is common. all four of my truck's consoles were like that when i first got them, plus the carpet between the seat and the console was full of what looked like spilled cola.

I guess I'm cleaner than most. I don't remember ever spilling more than a few drops in any of my cars.

With one exception...
I had a brand new 1987 Pontiac Formula Firebird with T-Tops. Really cool car at the time. As a Christmas present, my company gave everyone 4 6-packs of Cocacola. It was Christmas time. It was cold. I left them on the backseat over night. Came out the next morning to find Coke icicles hanging from the headliner. It seems that coke will freeze. And when the sun hits it, it tends to explode.

when my eldest daughter was in college, i bought her a brand new pontiac convertible (big mistake - she destroyed that car). she had the habit of buying large cokes at McD's and leaving the half empty paper cups sitting in the console. after a day or two the coke would soak through the paper cup and end up on the floor. when she was done with the car, i had to replace all the carpeting before i could sell it. that was the last car i ever paid for for her.

when my eldest daughter was in college, i bought her a brand new pontiac convertible (big mistake - she destroyed that car). she had the habit of buying large cokes at McD's and leaving the half empty paper cups sitting in the console. after a day or two the coke would soak through the paper cup and end up on the floor. when she was done with the car, i had to replace all the carpeting before i could sell it. that was the last car i ever paid for for her.

OUCH! In this aspect I am glad my parents told me that I wasn't getting a vehicle until I bought one. My Ex is cleaner then either of my parents vehicles. I remember in my Grandparents old Grand Caravan that one of those cups soaked though in a matter of 3 hours when driving from the Grand Canyon to Reno.... Because of this I only get plastic cups if they are going to be in my vehicle.

Back