I tried way to hard!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I tried way to hard!!!

I hope my 2014 explorer can be started by my iPhone and has a heated steering wheel!

I'll be jealous enough to trade in for a heated steering wheel.

Glad the people are ok, that's all that really matters.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My air bags did not deploy. I don't know about the other car because the hood was pushed all the way up and I did not go look.

However, my flashers automatically turned on which is by design.

But know that I talk about it, the Ford Post Crash system did not call 911. Maybe the air bags need to deploy before that happens?

Even if so, not a great system because if you are ejected from the vehicle with your cell phone on you, the system would not be able to complete the call.

On star is really still the best system.

Only way to be ejected is if you arent wearing your seatbelt and if the vehicle is hit with the intensity to eject a non belt wearing driver i doubt 911 would do that person any good.

BUCKLE UP, ALWAYS!

Only way to be ejected is if you arent wearing your seatbelt and if the vehicle is hit with the intensity to eject a non belt wearing driver i doubt 911 would do that person any good.

BUCKLE UP, ALWAYS!

Yes if you get hit hard enough to eject you even though your seatbelt is on you would most likely sheer your Aorta.

My understanding is the 911 is only for airbag deployments.

I think the post crash response is only activated in situations that involve the deployment of airbags or the activation of the fuel cutoff, or both.

I have a brand new Sea-Doo wave runner and my neighbor down the street invited us out to her parents lake house and asked if we would bring our wave runner.

I unloaded the wave runner and drove it to the beach area where I was going to let her ride it. As we were approaching the wave runner she stated "I just want you to know I know what I'm doing so don't worry" I explained that the new $15k wave runners have allot of new features/technology and I just wanted to go over some things with here.

She jumped on the wave runner and started the engine which then sucked up allot of rocks and ruined the impeller. The wave runner had to be pulled out of the water and serviced.

She was so upset and apologetic! She repeatably stated "I will pay to have it fixed". She took my wife's cell number down and said she would call us. I had it fixed for $560. I turned it into insurance so I was down to a $250 deductible.

I have never heard from my neighbor down the street and she has even driven by a few times and waved. Money is just to important to some people! People like that have made me more syntactical over the years! It's a real shame!

I will approach her and she what she says but not even calling or following up really says it all.

I have heard so many stories like this. Makes me sick!

Give your neighbor a bill lol

But know that I talk about it, the Ford Post Crash system did not call 911. Maybe the air bags need to deploy before that happens?

Even if so, not a great system because if you are ejected from the vehicle with your cell phone on you, the system would not be able to complete the call.

Yeah, the 911 assist is in airbag deployment, and you would have to be ejected by more than 30-40 feet for it to lose the bt link w/ the phone, that's a pretty far ejection which I'm assuming would indicate you weren't wearing a seatbelt ;)

That is saddening. I've searched copart's site for any totalled 2011s and I found two. I'm not liking the damage this Ex receives compared to my previous Explorer. I just wish the rear end was stronger. Glad to hear you got out of your collision safely!

The love, Dean...the love!
You know, I'm glad everyone is OK...so sad so sad about your beauty though.

My air bags did not deploy. I don't know about the other car because the hood was pushed all the way up and I did not go look.

However, my flashers automatically turned on which is by design.

You'd have to be driving like a suicide bomber to be ejected out of your car with a seatbelt on. Even if you get ejected, there's still some range for the phone to connect with the MFT.I think the 911 Assist is pretty cool.

You'd have to be driving like a suicide bomber to be ejected out of your car with a seatbelt on. Even if you get ejected, there's still some range for the phone to connect with the MFT.I think the 911 Assist is pretty cool.

Mostly roll overs will eject/throw a driver.

Back