I want more HORSES. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I want more HORSES.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanx Oldnavi! Im gonna look in2 that bcuz i kinda dont wanna go w/o a muffler bcuz my explorer has 2much of a lack of power 2 be as loud as it wud be w/o the muffler. Wud u recommend a Flowmaster? I read somewhere that this is one of the worst mufflers 2have (same place i read that the best muffler 2have is no muffler at all). I'll tryta find the website & post it...

Ok, with everyone's help & quite a bit of researching online, i think i've finally got my mind set. Just need 2 know now is K&N REALLY the best cold air intake kit to go with or would any cold air intake deliver the same result? That should be my last question...

Don't know if K&N is the best but consider the job of a cold air intake. If the tubing is metal it will transfer more heat to the incoming air. Where it picks up air should be somehow isolated from the under hood heat. That said, K&N is the only company to post (claim) dyno results from their packages in specific applications. Hence my claim for 7 HP from a cold air intake, which most people seem to disagree with. Any way you cut it the gain will be small. Get the one you like the looks of and feel good about the price.

are u saying you took a mass air flow sensore off of a V8 and put it on a V6
Yes. the MAFs from the 4.0 and 5.0 are interchangeable. The 5.0 MAF is a larger diameter though.

Very happy with the Flowmaster Force II catback exhaust. Wish it was a little louder though. Magnaflow in my other SUV (smaller V6 sounds deeper and is quite a bit louder but not too loud). I have the original K&N FIPK kit (probably purchased it in 96 and have been happy with it as well).

Some people might not believe me, but I have a sport 4.0 SOHC and had the dual inlet muffler, I just cut the pipes right before the muffler, so now its just duals dumped under cab and it sounds amazing. I get compliments on it all the time, it sounds like a boat the way the exhaust burbles, It sounds even better now that I just did a 5 speed swap hahaha. For power I got a drop in K&N filter and a Hensonperformance 93 octane street tune, that combined with exhaust makes this thing scream.

i talkd 2a mineke mechanic 2day who is pro @ installin magnaflows & he told me that the magnaflow is WAY better n terms of flow than anything else. i took this 2be tru bcuz he compared it 2wut i already have & said 4da price i wud pay, i wudnt really c a difference so its better 2keep wut i have. i have an Xcellerator Muffler which is the style of Flowmaster & he compared it 2his Xcellerator n the style of a Magnaflow. he said his wudnt make a NOTICEABLE difference & mayeven be a little quieter. i want something DEEPER in sound. gonna lleave the exhaust alone 4 now & jus go with a cold air intake with a plastic tube (thanx Joecrna). mite punch a hole in that muffler for more sound :) as always, ANY & ALL advice is accepted. thanx 4 evry1s help

Back