• Register Today It's free!

I was hit, photos and questions.

kdogg212001

Reaction score
City, State
stockton, california
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
i was hit on my passenger side of my 1994 explorer. It was a hit and run and so I am left to do the repair work myself. i went to a shop and asked for them to check my alignment and they told me that something was bent and my wheel bearings were loose. i took the bears out checked them and put them back, they seemed fine. but what else could make the wheels tilt in? its making my inner corner wear out really fast.

1fbf1b3a.jpg

ba3a19c9.jpg

8a4c7465.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I cant help too much but have a look at the ball joints, try wobbling the tire up and down and see how much play there is. Im not very experienced with damage from crashes but thats were id start. I can only guess what could cause it. Hopefully someone else pitches in soon who knows what there doing :D.

Best of luck to ya :chug:

Seeing how it is a 94 and probably original springs it could be just sagging coil springs. If the other side is like that, the springs are the likely cause. If not some suspension brackets could have been bent in the collision.

if i took some more pictures of the under side would that be of any help?

Thats pretty extreme for spring sag though, and if that was the case yould see alot more wear on the inner side of the tire there that you can barely see a portion of, can still see the dips in the tread (cant remember what you call em). Perhaps the spring cracked (though aligntment shop would probably have mentioned this...)?

kdogg212001 said:
if i took some more pictures of the under side would that be of any help?

Yeah for sure, i would think. I can get some pictures up for comparison too if you want, just finished doing the front end and got an alignment done.

no it didn't. i just put new tires all the way around. and now the front are garbage. due to the wear on the inner corners. they are leaking air now. wires on the tires are showing. only been a month or so from the time of impact. i am taking more pictures to show you right now.

in case your unfamiliar with negative camber... heres pic lol

truckpic038.jpg

Also a 94 with very bad sagging coils. Knew it was the coils causing it since the tie rods werent straight, were balljoints i would think they would remain close to straight... but i dont know how correct that is its just my own observation.

Wow that is brutal... that would pain me to see that if i used to own it..

Good to see its been fixed up and still on its way :D

I have an old car given to me from my dads friend, he occasionally asks how its running. Ive kept it running still and had my fun. Im going to eventually get a 350v8 for it (instead of the 307) just for a weekend driver. I have yet to hack and slash anything (except exhaust hehehehehe). It will also recieve nice wheels and a flat black paint job. True duals would also be on the way since its over 20 years old im emissions arent a problem :D... anyways enough rambling on about it ill save it for another thread for another day when i get the thing to start again (bad ground from battery).

here are the images i could get right this sec.

this would be the driver side tire
05-25-06_2029.jpg

passenger side.

05-25-06_2027.jpg

driver side
05-25-06_2031.jpg

passenger side
05-25-06_2032.jpg

could this be what is wrong? or is it suppose to be bent like this? is this a natural curv i mean? any one got an image of another one?
05-25-06_2028.jpg

05-25-06_2030.jpg

Picture 5 there looks normal to me, i have the same natural bend, you can kinda see it in this pic.
balljoints001.jpg

It would be very usefull if you took pictures of the passenger side the same as the last picture there, thats a pretty good view, and of the whole front. It does look like your coil spring in the last pic is saggin a bit but its hard to say, others will be able to diagnose that better :)

i dont know if this is any help to findin out whats wrong but my steering wheel is way over to the left to keep the vehicle straight.

if i turn it to where it would normally be the vehicle veers to the right.

Back