IAT sensor ( Intake Air Tempature)?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

IAT sensor ( Intake Air Tempature)??

99 slow poke

Reaction score
City, State
levittown,p.a.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 explorer xls
I was given a module that is suppose to plug into the IAT sensor. I don't know where this is located or what it looks like. the instructions dont have any pictures.The only thing the instructions say is that it has 2 wires and thats it. the chip- module is for my model expo. Could some one give me an idea or some pictures, I have a 99 xls w/ 4.0 ohv. the chip is suppose to give me 35-40 hp. If anyone has any imformation it would be more then what i know!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The IAT sensor is in the MAF on your '99.

That "device" you have is worthless; toss it.

Good luck ....

I just installed one of these things on my truck (I found it lying arround, I think someone gave it too me a year or two ago). And they are right, don't bother. My truck is slower with it on. Now I have to take the time to remove it and reinsulate the wires. Luckely it wasn't a wast of $, just a wast of time.

thanks guys! I love my ex to hear it form ya'll sounds good!

what chip can i buy that will really work right out of the box? do you have program them all or can i buy one that goes right on?

Any XCalibrator2 will do a great job. The IAT mod isn't completely worthless, just on EEC-V vehicles ('95+). The older EEC-IV engines like to have the PCM lied to. These older mods just can't hang with the better processors.

Anyone with an EEC-V should stay away from "modules" or resistors and stick with a QUALITY flash tuning device or chip (if you prefer).

Back