Ideas for paint. Midnight blue? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ideas for paint. Midnight blue?

My truck is black right now but we just turned my friends big garage into a paint bay because him and a few other friends do body work and painting so I want to spray my truck because the paint sucks. Im not sure what I want to do. I like the black truck and dont want to paint it a new color but apparently midnight blue is black in the shade and dark blue in the sun? Havent looked into it too much does anyone have experience with that? other than that does anyone have any suggestions for something subtle but different? I might go with ghost flames made out of chrome flake prayed just within the lines of the flames. I will eventually have 20s so you know the route im taking, but I also want a resale value. Any ideas welcome!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

color changes are a royal pain
The truck will be a different color than the under the hood and the jambs.

Black is awesome.

Do not expect re-sale value to go up much on an Explorer no matter what you do to it!

I like Blue best, but as Monmix said its a PITA to change a color, because if you are going to do it you want to do it right = remove all glass, trim, bumpers, interior, lights, etc.
Leaving the engine bay black is not a huge deal but it sure looks better when you spray that too

Thats why I was thinking about this paint, basically black but goes blue in the sun

If I was going to change the color I would strip it and do it right but I want to keep it black as well as make it stand out just enough to be noticeably different, but subtle. Ill probably just shave the emblems.

i re painted mine it used to be that dark green i also threw in some pearl ghost flames
Picture006.jpg

that is purdy

Do you have a better pic of the ghost flames? My friend did ghost flames on his duster and it looks really good, I am thinking about doing flames of just chrome flake or going with a complete two tone seperated by tribal flames.

Midnight blue is a pretty intense color. That was one of my options when I was trying to pick a color. Like everybody said, if you're going to go for a full color change do it right. Tear the truck down and spray everything.

The truck is definetely getting taken apart for paint. I think I am just going black again though

Back