Blue or red for underbody paint work? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blue or red for underbody paint work?

Since I need to do some work under my X over Thanksgiving break, I figured that since I would have to be pulling a bunch of things off, that it would be good time to do some paint. I have the willow green exterior color, but don't know which would be a better color to accent it. Of course I could paint it all black, but a bit of stand out colors would be nice.

Right now I've got some Rancho red and am putting in some ES bushings, along with double AAL in the next couple weeks. So should I stick with the red or would a pro-comp blue look better? I don't want to look like a ricer either.

I'm leaning towards blue at this point.

568218_51.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yup between those two choices I would second the blue.

Blue

if you did red it would have a nice Christmas look to it, but that would only be cool a few weeks out of a year.

That works for me. I'll probably pick up some black bushings instead of red then. Not many people will actually be able to see the bushings from the outside, but if everything doesn't jive, then it might start to irritate me.

Edit: 2000th post! It's now time to become elite.

I vote for blue. Red is a nice attention grabber, but I think blue will flow nicer with the green, a subtle yet nice look.

Man, please keep it looking clean down there, paint it black. Blue is going to look ricey imo. Black is plain and does not take away from the rest of the truck.

^I second black. Looks much cleaner, and comes nowhere close to rice, which is somewhere noone wants to be.

Black...It will look better much longer. Chrome or black under the truck is my choice.

GaSouthern1 said:
Man, please keep it looking clean down there, paint it black. Blue is going to look ricey imo. Black is plain and does not take away from the rest of the truck.

I concur.

Ok, here's a new idea now. What if I were to paint my swaybars a charcoal grey, or something to match my flairs? I would like to add some color, but maybe a dramatic color isn't the way to go.

Paint it black. Red or Blue is simply too ricey and cheap looking for a street vehicle. If it was a race car where you lifted the body off all the time, that would be different. But it's not, so please keep it black. It will look more professional and have a cleaner look to it.

Black

The rolling Stones said it best. BTW: Thanksgiving was a month ago :D

Its your ride and you're the one who has to live with it so paint it any color you want.

Whatever color you pait thr underside, in a few weeks it will become one color - dirty.

aldive said:
Whatever color you pait thr underside, in a few weeks it will become one color - dirty.

And all God's people said, "Amen."

EBInterceptor said:
Ok, here's a new idea now. What if I were to paint my swaybars a charcoal grey, or something to match my flairs? I would like to add some color, but maybe a dramatic color isn't the way to go.

That could work, subtle look is always nice.

red swaybars, black everythign else

I haven't done anything real serious in a while on my X (last thing was tow hooks), so I think I'm just in the mood to create jobs for me to do (and cheap ones too).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back