Im gonna do it . . . but im scared! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Im gonna do it . . . but im scared!

getchajesta

Reaction score
City, State
Groveland, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT
After long wait, and finding out from my local speed shop that it would cost an Assload of money to drop it through them, i have decided to lower my X myself.
Ive gotta do it, ive got no choice. I replaced the rims with 17" ssc with 3" Kuhmo AESTA low profile tires, and ive got this HORRIBLE gap above the tires. Im planning on going down 3", front and back, and its gonna be REAL LOW, since the smaller wheelbase of my new rims lowered the stance of my X anyways. Anyone have any last words before i dedicate myself to this? Wish me luck, and i will post pics when it is done. As for the lowering blocks, i cant find that thread on the tutorial of how to install blocks. if anyone can locate that link, it would be much appreciated. Wish me luck . . .

(nervous laugh)

I'm in the same boat as you are and if you know how to post pics please post as many as you can.I will be doing mine very soon as well.I need to see as many views as possible.Good luck.

Back