I'm happy to be back ('06 Limited...)! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I'm happy to be back ('06 Limited...)!

torexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
T.O. (Toronto)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Limited 4.6 V8
Hi folks.

After being away for a while, I'm happy to be back.....A while ago I owned an '06 Explorer XLT (4.0, 7 psg, leather, sunroof), and I really loved that truck....Unfortunately I sold it after it was in a bad accident (wife is OK...).
I briefly owned an '06 Chev HHR-that was a bad choice....after owing an Ex, I longed to have another one (the HHR was a good $$ deal, and no decent Ex's were avail. when I bought the HHR, plus I really needed a car quickly...).

Last night I just bought an '06 Limited. It's silver, with charcoal leather, 4.6L V8, DVD, Navi, sunroof and most other options.

I pick it up tomorrow! I must've driven it for close to an hour on the test drive...The 4.0 moved my previous XLT good enough for my liking, but the 4.6 is really smooth with the 6 speed....

Warning: I will again look to get set up with my iPOD and get Sirius sat radio (I don't think that Canadian-spec '06's had the Sirius option). So, I may be asking for help, as I couldn't find anything via the search function thus far.

I will post pics when I can....

I'm happy-as-$$%! to be getting this truck.....I could tell you about the 5.7 HEMI Jeep Grand Cherokee Limiteds that I test drove ('05's and '06's with sagging drivers' doors that were rubbing the paint off against the front fenders...junk....no offence, but Chrysler is in more trouble than I thought).

Take Care,
Paul.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome back paul be sure to post pics of it we would love to see it

3718982_2.jpg

That's the truck I want in black. Since I drove it I've been in love.

Congrats, I would have sold you my 06 limited. The dealer is about to get it back through the showroom window. What a piece of ****. I hope you have better luck with your's.

Back