I'm sooooooooooo pissed off | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I'm sooooooooooo pissed off

Man, that is so suck that they don't make Alteeza taillights for us earlier Explorer Models, you know how mad I am, I was doing a search everywhere on the web and they just don't make them.. I was hoping that maybe somewhere in the world they would have them, they have them for the earliest Broncos, even for the 1980's Ford TRucks but no for us, ranger, expedition, f-150 etc. etc.,, but no early model explorers. only 98-01, even now, the 95 and ups are lucky cause they're making some good looking ones like the one that they show in one of the threads.. BUt that's sooooo suckss. Please place your opinon....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i dont really like the altezzas to begin with. when they first came out, they were different, but now everyone has em. a lot of people are even taking them off cuz theyre sick of them. i think its kind of a "ricey" look. just my opinion.

I suggest that you get the clears and then use the mask system and translucent red and make red circles on the lense. That way you could make them look anyway you want. And NO ONE has the same thing as you. Then I would use a good red led or bulb. So when you steep on the breaks the entire lense turns red. I think that sounds pretty hot!

Another idea

Buy the reg. clears and have a body shop spray them with candy red , I had a 97' Tercel w/ clears , I got tired of em and applied candy red , they looked sweet and different . I noticed Walmart sells a model spray paint labeled clear candy red and states it works great for lights . ;)

Re: Another idea

Ok but how would you apply the spray paint, meaning how would you shape the color or the clear lens, from the inside or the outside?? and how would you paint the lens for each bulb to work fine.. as you know the turning signal for the back lights is the same as the brake ones. so can you explain how'd you do that??.. LEt me know:)

Spray the outside , take your time and becareful . You have to apply light even coats to avoid dark/light spots . Paint the whole tail light , you'll have red blinkers , nuthin' wrong w/ that

oh yeah

If you decide to do it . Buy some hyper white (brighter bulb w/ a blue tint) bulbs . They add a killer look to it . They are brighter and add a slight purplish tint to them . Good luck , and they would be legal . :D

I would take masking tape and cover the entire lense. Then cut out a circle in the center. Then spray that area with Red. Also use a good Red bulb so that you stay as close to legal as you can.

I do beleive someone here did that.. he painted th ebrake lense section of his clears red.. persoally.. I wouldn't do that.. they don't make clears anymore..

I've had my clears for probablly 2 years now..I'm not sick of them.. I love the look and couldn't go back to the stock ones except for saftey reasons (the LEDs aren't very visible during the day, people hate me for that) but all the ideas you are talking about sound good.. most of them however, I've already seen :) so hehe, someone has aleady beat yall lol keep us informed on any more ideas yall, I'm always up for something new, especially the cheaper ideas at the moment

Nah

I personally don't think painting clears w/ circles would look good . I think they would only look like Alteza wanna be's (cheap copies anyway) My opinion only , whatever floats your boat ........ :D

I beleive that would be very difficult. I know someone has mentioned it before, but since they mount completley differnt, I don't see how it could be done properly.. I know theres a company in cali. that said they could make altezzas..but he needs 1000-1500 requrests minnimum before he starts making them :(

get crackin darkfox :) you got 1 here

lol, well I'm game, and I told the guy there was a forum here with roughly 6k members, but I didn't know how much support I could rally

Back