• Register Today It's free!

In-dash video question...

pimp03explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Hudson, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT Sport
i have a question on how to bypass the parking brake feature on in dash DVD units. i am about to purchase a kenwood excellon ddx7015 double-din DVD player. i bought an alpine once before, but never had it installed due to parental issues. the place that was going to install it had me go out and get a rocker switch from radio shack to bypass it. since i am going to be installing this kenwood myself, i need to know how exactly to do that. any help would be appreciated! thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if im correct its a wire that you connect to an ignition wire (cant remember, but i did install an indash once)

i know that there are 3 wires for it: power, ground, and something to the e-brake. just not exactly sure which one to run the switch in to :mad:

Saleen_SR71 said:
^^ i was totally wrong.

dont use a switch

we all make mistakes saleen, lol. and thanx for the link bigtig. ill be sure when i receive the unit to make sure i do a good job. the only reason that i was considering a switch was for police run-ins and parental problems. im only 17 so i still have to worry about those things.

i have a button on the bottom of my steering column to switch mine on and off.. its great

xxScapegoat said:
i have a button on the bottom of my steering column to switch mine on and off.. its great

how did u run that button? like wiring and stuff.

i wish i could tell you.. i work at best buy so i had one of the mobile installers do it. All i know is that every time i press the button it grounds a wire and bypasses the parking brake thing.

All you need is to link the wire that goes to the handbrake to one side of the switch and earth to the other. When the switch is on the system will think that the handbrake is on.

Back