• Register Today It's free!

in dash video

volleyfoc24

Reaction score
City, State
Muncie, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 sport
has anyone hooked up the a in-dash video unit, it requires running a line to the e-brake, but not sure how to do it, if anyone has pics, or knows how i could use the help ASAP, thanks...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have had two different units, one for my Explorer and one for my Taurus. I just tied it into a wire (don't exaclty remember which one) so it thinks that once the Ex turns on, it basically thinks the e-brake is on and will play DVD's.

It all depends on what type of indash you have. For some it's as simple as grounding the wire and you'll be all set. Others will require some more involved work in order to play while your driving. Your best bet is to search based on your manufacturer.

that's how i did mine, I hooked the brake sensor to the permanent live, so it thinks the hand brake is on and it'll pop out when you're driving.. not that i would watch a film whilst driving, of course... ;)

Si

I believe it depends entirely on the brand of head unit you have. I used something called a PAC TR-7 to bypass the "brake dance", but depending on the head unit you have, you may just have to tie that brake wire to ground. You have to search for information on YOUR head unit, you have to be more specific to get a good answer.

Back