indiglo gages | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

indiglo gages

i just won the bid on indiglo gages from ebay for 29.95. the gages look really sweet but i am not sure if i am gonna know how to install them when they get to me. does anyone know how to do it? is there any kind of info i should know about? does anyone have pice of the gages after the install?
thanks a lot for your help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dan, try the search function

Here's two shots of my blue NRAuto EL-Glo gauges... By far, these are the best mod that I have yet done to my truck... I love them... Anyways, here ya go

The ****pit during the day...
172408_2_full.jpg

The passenger area at night (gauges in the upper left of the pic)
172408_3_full.jpg

There ya go... I don't know who makes your kit, but I suggest NRAuto. Quality gauges, good instructions and I have never had a problem with them as of yet!! Hope this helps...

Here is the link you want:

Dead Link Removed

Sean

Thats sweet:D

that is a very sweet interior set up. i like it a lot. my i dont know off hand who makes my gauges but i put them in today. it wasn't all that tuff to do, but i think i made a boo-boo. i am not all to sure why but i have two problems. 1. my tach, speedo, oil, and battery (especially the batt gauge) are all off by a lot. i am gonna go in tommorrow and try to adjust them. does anyone know what I might have done wrong or an easier way to fix em? 2. the kit i got came with horrible directions, the directions weren't even for my car. it also came with an external dimmer switch. and i am guessing i didn't connect the wires right, or maybe i have a bad ground because the gauges dont light up. one thing that confused me was that when i wired em up i had three wires comming off the gauges. these three wires pluged into a string of wire with four reciever's....four recievers but three connectors. didn't make sence to me. soooo i am not quite sure what to do about that dilema but any imput would help. thanks.

hey bigtigexplorer i just looked at that write up on the indiglo gauges....I SURE DO WISH I HAD SEEN THAT THIS MORNING!!! i fell like a moron. umm is it a bad thing that i took off the old black gauges and put the new ones on in there place? i think i screwed up royally. please leave me feedback. i am a moron.

I posted the like for ya :p

Most kits are designed to go ontop of the black factory gauges, because the dummy lights for the indiglo gauges are clear. The factory dummy light are meant to shine through the indiglo gauges. So put the black ones back on with double side tape.

Dimmer connection: The black wire goes to a ground and the red wire is spliced into the white wire with a black stripe coming from the head light switch.

one thing that confused me was that when i wired em up i had three wires comming off the gauges. these three wires pluged into a string of wire with four reciever's....four recievers but three connectors. didn't make sence to me

This is correct, don't worry about it. The dimmer is used for different makes and models. Some cars/trucks have four gauges instead of three, hence the fourth plug.

okay, good news i got up nice and early this mornin and fixed my gauges. i didn't put my black gauges back on i just left em off hoping it would work without em and it does. they look great. i spliced the positive wire with the white and black wire found a good ground and bingo the lit up beutifully. i adjusted the needles so that they are at the right setting. everything is in good working order. thanks a lot for all of your help. i will have pics up soon. thanks again.

here are the final product!

during the day
Dead Link Removed

here is a pic at night
Dead Link Removed

again thanks for the help

dan

Dan your truck looks real sharp and clean and the upgrades you made makes it look ruff and tuff:D

thanks i like it. and i like watchin my speed a lot more now. j/k

Back