Indiglo gauges install, or HOW TO REMOVE CLUSTER!! ( warning 22 pictures ) | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Indiglo gauges install, or HOW TO REMOVE CLUSTER!! ( warning 22 pictures )

As I said before DO NOT CUT THE GAUGES!!! I would see if the gauges fit over the needles first. Other wise if you cut the gauges then they won't light up and you won't be able to return them because you were the one that broken them. Then your left with $40 of worthless plastic.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for this incredible write-up. I had run into some problems and after looking at these detailed instructions, it was a breeze. It was a godsend. The reverse G2 Indiglo gauges look amazing!
Thanks so much!
-=Brandon=-

I seen on tv, just for an update, that if you need to remove your needles, put your car in the accessories position and write down exactly where they are at. When you put them back on, you just put the key back into accessories spot and replace them by your numbers. I put indiglos in mine and did not have to pull the needles, they were 3 different pieces with 3 different sets of wires.

Was it the show "TRUCKS" the host is STACY?

I dont know who the host's name is.

CHUCKY D yes they make them for a 93 as I have them in my 91... Not a hard install and just tap into your light switch for the power wire. .... Later, RJ68

If you want a guage face that is different than anyone's here than you can go to stylinconcepts.com. They have a stainless steel face that is just pure "pimp". Id love to get it but the $179 price tag is a little too much for that application.

I have the brushed aluminum guage cover, it matches my brushed digital air ride guage...

Thanks so much! This guide was awesome! I installed them on Saturday and have been enjoying them ever since. THe only hard part was getting everything to line up exactly right, but I think that my gauges were printed a tad off. That's cool thought b/c I can see everything! I couldn't have done it as easily w/o this guy! Y'all should give this guy a promotion or something :)

BigTig, I dont know if your still around, but I have a 2003 Ranger Tremor. It comes with white face gauges factory, and I was wondering if you knew of way you can change the color of green to blue by LED's? And if its possible, what else would need to be done to turn the whole thing blue instead of green?

The green coloring in the factory gauges is actualy in the plastic of the gauge face's themselves. All the bulbs in the gauge cluster are clear, so the only real way I could think of to really change the color to blue would be custom gauge faces with either blue tinting built in or no built in color and the swap out all the bulbs to whatever color you want.

Okay, i was talkin to someone on a ranger board, and they mention scraping a green paint off?? Sound familiar?

This is an awesome guide. Thanks for posting it! This also works great for replacing the burned out gauge lights. (Just push down and twist the black harnesses on the back of the instrument panel).

hey my needles are not working any more is there anything I can do?

By not working any more, do you mean they are stuck in one position? I've noticed that if you remove the needles completely and put them back on to tight they tend to get stuck.

If you've never remove the needles I would double check the three harness connection on the back of the cluster, make sure they are all connected and not loose. If that checks out then make sure that the new gauges are not touching the needles, it doesn't take much to stop the needle from moving.

Great write up!

I've had my cluster out about 10 times in the last 3 weeks, while swapping my dash from '95 blue to 98+ green. Be careful about the needle placement- the acc thing works well, but your temp will change if your truck isn't already cold when you pull them off...

Also, if you swap gauges, watch for the pre '98 clusters that have what looks to be resistors (?) on the back of the gauge maybe coolant and fuel? I don't remember which ones off hand... if you put a '98 and later gauge without a resistor into a pre '98 truck that has a resistored (is that a word?) gauge, it will not work correctly- it pegs out- or at least in mine it did. I had to unscrew the gauge body and mount the old gauge into the newer cluster.

I haven't had a problem with the needles sticking- if they're sticking, they're pushed on too far. I have very little clearance, but you can manually sweep the gauge needles to check the clearance against the facing.the green paint is on the back of the black facing, not the plastic. The plastic is clear underneath that the gauges mount on.

donde se compran estas layers........quien las vende cerca de nogales Az......

saludos...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks awesome david keep up the good work

Back