Info bout this Xplorer?

CougarX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 EB, '02 ST, '97 XLT
A friend sent me this pic since its similar to mine. Does anyone know anything about it?
The wheels are Alba Karmas. I'm pretty sure they're 20s (?).
It looks like more than a 2" drop but I'm not sure. This has to be one of the best looking Explorers like mine that I have seen and if it wasn't for the $2500 for wheels and tires :)eek: ) I would do mine just like it....

Attachments

• keatley.jpg
    keatley.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 372

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah, that guy's over on explorerunderground.com. i forget his name, but ive seen his truck on the "member rides" or whatever they call it; i love that truck :D

Yeah that truck is sweet. Those are definately 20s, looks more like a 2.5 - 3 inch drop, which I think is an ideal drop height. Don't pay retail for rims, I plan on getting some 18 in. KMC Venom blems off ebay for about 1k. The way I look at it, so what if they have some minor scratches on them that aren't even noticable. Tires will cost me though. :(

:shoot:

Are you sure they make Lightning replicas in the 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern? That site lists fitment for "Expeditions and F150's". If that's the case, they won't fit on the Ex. That's probably why you haven't seen any Explorers with those wheels, because they have different bolt patterns.

:D yup. you're right Derek. I had seen them in a different magazine ad that also had the cobra r's and wrongly assumed they were available in an EX bolt pattern.

it might look good, but i don't know that i would want wheel adapters.

Back