• Register Today It's free!

Info on audio for 02 Sport Trac

FEST4.0

Reaction score
City, State
From San Antonio, Texas, Living in Corpus Christi, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer S.T.

I just want to know what size of speakers can fit in the doors (front and back) and what kind of head unit fits in the dash

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check out Crutchfield.com. You can put your vehicle into the website and will let you know all those details. And it will filter out all the stuff that won't fit.

With a tiny,tiny ,tiny bit of trimming a double din unit will fit into the dash. And you cannot even see the trimming because it is done on the back side of the bezel.

The stock speakers are 6x8, so you can use 5x7 speakers that match the factory bolt holes.

Thanks alot. So much easier than ripping the door off to find out

Ok new question same topic. How would you get thru the firewall to power a amp, and i've seen this but have no clue how to do: Installing the amp in the little storage space behind the passenger rear seat. any clues?

Ok new question same topic. How would you get thru the firewall to power a amp, and i've seen this but have no clue how to do: Installing the amp in the little storage space behind the passenger rear seat. any clues?

Drill a new hole and use a rubber grommet for your power. For mounting your amp jus tdrill holes and use sheet metal screws. There are 2 layers of metal, just be careful not to drill to far or you will go all the way through the body.

does anyone know what size the factory sub is...dont have the truck getting it next week just trying to plan ahead...

The stock sub is a 6" you wont be able to reuse for an aftermarket sub either. You will need to build a new sub box.

i have an '01 sport trac. installed amp in the compartment behind rear driver seat. 6x8's in the doors (sound lot better than 5x7's) and got a 10 inch sub box under the rear pass seat. they make a box for this vehicle also. amp wire, there is a hole with a grommet with wires going through the fire wall above your left foot while sitting in the drivers seat. use that hole.

i have an '01 sport trac. installed amp in the compartment behind rear driver seat. 6x8's in the doors (sound lot better than 5x7's) and got a 10 inch sub box under the rear pass seat. they make a box for this vehicle also. amp wire, there is a hole with a grommet with wires going through the fire wall above your left foot while sitting in the drivers seat. use that hole.

who makes the rear box?

i ordered it from my distributer, it might be audio enhancers. I think it was like 60 bucks. i squeezed a JL 10W3 in it with a 3/4" spacer ring. I'll check on it monday for you.

Sub box

who makes the rear box?

I have a sub box for that i used in my 02 sport trac. It fits under the rear passenger seat. I added the 3/4' spacer ring to it so that i could fit my jl 10w3, but it could be removed if you wanted. I'd be willing to sell and ship it to you if you're interested.

audio enhancers makes the box

I have a sub box for that i used in my 02 sport trac. It fits under the rear passenger seat. I added the 3/4' spacer ring to it so that i could fit my jl 10w3, but it could be removed if you wanted. I'd be willing to sell and ship it to you if you're interested.

Is this still available? If so, how much?

Is the sub box still available???

Back