Installing a Carbon Fiber Bezel on an Instrument Cluster, anyone know how? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Installing a Carbon Fiber Bezel on an Instrument Cluster, anyone know how?

BBQ_HotDogs

A Man Without Wheels
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Eddie Bauer (R.I.P.)
Long time ago I bought one of those carbon fiber surround things for the instrument cluster. It is the piece that goes inside the glass and just circles the surround inside. I thought this would be a very easy install, just peel the tape and slide it in. But when I started to do this to my white faced 2001 sport gauges, I found that the little reset button for the trip miles was in the way. And it seems the only way to do this right is to take the glass off of the instrument cluster, put the carbon fiber taped piece on, then reset the glass. Is this true? How in the world do you remove the glass from the cluster without breaking it and then how would you securely put it back on? Pics would be great, if not, then I may take pics if I decide to do it with yall's instructions and then post them for someone else to see and use.
Thanks in advance,

It is tricky. You have to break the glue seal that holds the clear plastic piece on. It helps if you heat up the glue a bit.

Back