• Register Today It's free!

Installing a DVD system

mickjj

Reaction score
City, State
Port Moody, British Columbia
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer XLT
Was given an in dash DVD player and the install seems pretty straight forward except you have to connect a wire to the emegency brake switch. Can anyone tell me where to find this and if it is an easy task or should I take to a Pro installer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you dont have to wire it to the E brake , run a toggle switch to it and then wire the toggle to a ground !!

I installed my own DVD player and it was pretty simple. If you wire it to the e-brake then the e-brake has to be engaged in order to watch movies. I would do what Bruce suggested and run the toggle switch to the ground so you can watch movies whenever you want. I don't recommend watching movies while in motion though, not a good idea.

Excuse my ignorance but do you mean to run the wire to a toggle switch and ground the switch or atoggle to the emergency brake??

just run a wire for the switch to A ground , and run your wire for the E brake to the switch , you might have to turn the switch on for 5 seconds and then turn it back off for 5 and turn it back on , then it should show the picture !!

Thanks Bruce I will give that a try

not a problem , what brand is it by the way ?

"Jensen" which I believe is made by audiovox

would you want to sell it by any chance , since it was given to you lol

hey everyone this is my area haha car electronics but if you do have a jensen you can actually obtain a master code that will bring up a hidden menu an theres a emerg. brake bypass option which allows you to turn that nasty little function off haha an unforntly jensen is the only brand i have seen this in as well on the navi flip outs grounding the wire won work due to the vss wire you acually need to wire in a couple of releay pack all easy !!

Where would I find this master code?? wouldn't the unit have to be wired in first?

would you want to sell it by any chance , since it was given to you lol
Sorry Bruce the Wife bought it for Xmas and I want to keep in her good books:D

i can contact audiovox in the am im an auth dealer for them an actually or you can tryn an goole for it first time i heard of it my friend purchased it off ebay(he works for audiovx) for like 5 bucks lol i told him he got robbed for his lunch money but sure enough i watched him put it in it works fo sho but you do realize if ya get pulled over an theres a movie on in the drivers view ya can get a ticket as bad as wreckless driving im walkin proof haha i had 2% tint didnt think ya could see it

here ya go a jensen exclusive !!!!!!!!!
HOOK YOURE PARKING BRAKE UP !!!
Insert the DVD

After the disc loads and plays you will see a blue screen telling you "it is unlawful to drive with a movie blah blah blah"

1)Activate the brake sequence and disable the blue screen using the hand brake, the switch method or anything else to give the unit its three pulses to disable that freakin blue screen.

(What I did was I installed my radio entirely, then took the pink wire and touched for two seconds, removed for two seconds and then touched and held the negative pole of a mower battery laying on my passenger seat until the screen was no longer blue.)

2) Next, on the main remote press stop twice, then 1, 2, 6, 4.

You will now see a hidden menu that says:

Region Code
Brake Override (I know you're drooling by now)
Macrovision (Watch all the burned and pirated movies you want if this option is off)
Loader Version
Model Version

3) Using the right joystick on the unit, navigate to the options of your choice, click on them to toggle on, off or which region code you want.

This is what you want:

Region Code: 1
Brake Override ON
Macrovision: OFF

When your done, click SYS SETUP on the main remote TWICE to save the settings and bingo, your done!!! Hooray!!! You can now kill your whole family in the car while watching that adult movie while your driving.....

The other way of doing this is by not engaging the parking brake sequence, thus you're inputting the code blindly.

1) Insert the DVD and you'll get the blue screen.

(If you have more than one tv, the unit itself will have the blue screen but the additional tv's you have plugged in will NOT, they will show the dvd menu. Thus you will be able to see the hidden menu on the additional screens after inputting the code, but not on the main unit because of its blue screen.)

2) On the main remote, push stop twice and then 1, 2, 6, 4

3) Push the joystick on the unit SOUTH twice and then click it once.

4) Press SYS SETUP on the main remote twice to save your settings

an if ya cant find the brake wire tell me the make model and year an ill post youre info !!

an if ya cant find the brake wire tell me the make model and year an ill post youre info !!

It's a 99 explorer LTD. I really do appreciate all the info I am getting. Was going to start the project yesterday but the sixteen inches of fresh snow kinda held things up

Constant 12V+ Light Green
Switched 12V+ Yellow/Black
Ground Black
Illumination Light Blue/Red
Dimmer n/a
Amplifier Remote Blue
Antenna Right Front
Front Speakers 5" x 7" Doors
Left Front (+) Orange/Light Green
Left Front (-) Light Blue/White
Right Front (+) Dark Green/Orange
Right Front (-) White/Light Green
Rear Speakers 5" x 7" Rear Doors
Left Rear (+) Gray/Light Blue
Left Rear (-) Tan/Yellow
Right Rear (+) Orange/Red
Right Rear (-) Brown/Pink

TAKE NOTE IT SAYS AMP REMOTE BLUE SO YOU HAVE A FACTORY AMP SO IF YA HAVENT BYPASSED YET IF YA JUST HOOK EVERYTHING UP YA WONT HAVE ANY SOUND YOURE AMP IS LOCATED IN THE REAR PASSANGER SIDE QUARTER TRIM PULL IT BACK AN YOULL SEE IT!!

Constant 12V+ Yellow Ignition Switch Harness
Starter Red/Light Blue Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition Light Green/Purple Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition 2 Gray/Yellow Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition 3 Black/Green Ignition Switch Harness
Accessory Gray/Yellow Ignition Switch Harness
Tach Tan/Yellow Coil or Pin 48 at PCM
Neutral Safety Wire Red/Light Blue (+)
Brake Switch Light Green Brake Switch
Trunk Pin n/a Same as Dome Light
Parking Lights Purple/White (+) Driver's Kick Panel or White/Black at Switch
Head Lamp Red/Yellow (+) Light Switch
Hood Pin Tan/Light Green (-) Driver's Kick Panel
Factory Disarm Dark Green/Purple (-) 4 Pin Connector Driver's Kick Panel
Door Trigger Black/Light Blue (+) Courtesy Light under Dash
Door Lock Pink/Yellow (-) Driver's Kick Panel
Door Unlock Pink/Light Green (-)
Driver's Lock Pink/Black (+) Driver's Door Harness
Driver's Unlock Red/Orange (+) Driver's Door Harness
Passenger Unlock Pink/Green (-) Driver's Kick Panel
Horn Wire Yellow/Light Green (-) Or Blue at Steering Column
Windows Up LF=White/Black, RF=Tan/Light Blue, LR=Gray/Orange, RR=Yellow/Black
Windows Down LF=Red, RF=White/Yellow, LR=Yellow/Light Blue, RR=Red/Black

FOR E BRAKE SIMPLY GOTO URE EBRAKE SHOULD BE A COUPLE WIRE OFF IT USE A VOLT METER AN U WANT THE WIRE THAT SHOWS HOT WHEN ENGAUGED

GOOD LUCK BROTHER !!!

sorry i was thinking of the brake out put on alarms for you u want it to either be neutral or hot when disengauged an ground engauged

Back