Installing Superlift 5.5" - need help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Installing Superlift 5.5" - need help

Dre

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 FPIU
Need help telling radius arms apart... how do I recognize which one's which? I've got a Superlift 5.5" lift with longer radius arms... also where do I start with installation of radius arm brackets? anyone with instructions, please help... might need a scan. Bought my lift used with no instructions. So far I have installed two Skyjacker lifts but no Superlift.

thanks,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I could not find the right install manual. I don't really need it for myself... I sold the system to a guy here and he's trying to install it... and he's about 300 miles from me.

One of the axle mounting ears on the arms will be longer than the other. The longer one goes on the bottom of the axle (this is to maintain proper caster angle).

I think they are directional, its been a long time since I did mine but if you put it on the wrong side it should be pretty obvious.

I think they are directional, its been a long time since I did mine but if you put it on the wrong side it should be pretty obvious.

I agree...it should be pretty obvious if they are on the wrong side. IIRC they should bend slightly inward and up just forward of the RA bushing, so if they're on the wrong side the bends would be wrong and they wouldn't line up properly with the axle.

Now i remember, they are different. They have to go on so the piece that mounts the ra is under the frame rail. If you mix them up they will be outside.

question is where to drill holes for RA brackets?

what existing holes? he's using longer radius arms from superlift...

thanks... that's what I needed...

Back