• Register Today It's free!

Intake manifold

Davies0202

Reaction score
City, State
Blandon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 mountaineer 4.6

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Will this intake manifold fit a 2002 4.6 mountaineer?
also can I use mustang gaskets? Cant find any oem ones for the explorer only the mustang and I don’t want after market if possible

Will this intake manifold fit a 2002 4.6 mountaineer?

Says it’s for mustangs but I’m under the impression we have identical engines ?
Well I ordered it so guess I’ll be one of the first with a mustang intake lol

also can I use mustang gaskets? Cant find any oem ones for the explorer only the mustang and I don’t want after market if possible
If the part number is 9424-P46 I just put one on my 02 Limited 4.6L the only thing I had to do was plug a water port on the back. O'Reilly's, Jeg's, Summit, and Amazon all insisted that it would not fit but, it was the exact same as the manifold that was on it the Fel Pro gasket number is 92121

If the part number is 9424-P46 I just put one on my 02 Limited 4.6L the only thing I had to do was plug a water port on the back. O'Reilly's, Jeg's, Summit, and Amazon all insisted that it would not fit but, it was the exact same as the manifold that was on it the Fel Pro gasket number is 92121
Thx sounds good I’ve been pushing it off since it’s such a small leak but good to know it’ll go right on

Thx sounds good I’ve been pushing it off since it’s such a small leak but good to know it’ll go right on
mine started out as a small leak too, drove me nuts trying to find it, no puddle anywhere no indication that it was even leaking other than i had to add about a cup full of coolant every couple of weeks. the fact that its plastic not withstanding i couldn't be happier with the new manifold. i don't think it gave me much more, if anymore horsepower but, what it did do was change the torque curve and i now have a noticeable increase in power from about 4,000 rpm to redline @ 6000rpm compared to the "stock" manifold.

mine started out as a small leak too, drove me nuts trying to find it, no puddle anywhere no indication that it was even leaking other than i had to add about a cup full of coolant every couple of weeks. the fact that its plastic not withstanding i couldn't be happier with the new manifold. i don't think it gave me much more, if anymore horsepower but, what it did do was change the torque curve and i now have a noticeable increase in power from about 4,000 rpm to redline @ 6000rpm compared to the "stock" manifold.
Yea only reason in expecting to gain power is cause I currently have that crappy dorman intake on so not really gain as much gain power back lol. But yea mine leaks so little I add less than a cup a month it just gets the front left corner a little wet every now and then so I’ve just been ignoring it but better safe than sorry! Thanks again!

Back