• Register Today It's free!

intakes Questions

brodie hynd

Reaction score
City, State
roswell georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 explorer xlt
What is a kkm. I know it is a intake but good u give mare info. And i saw a new product. Its a powerstroke it is only for rangers and the mighty explore. Do u all know ne thing about it. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you mean K&N?

The K&N FIPK and KKM intake kit are both basically the same kit. Each consists of a large cone filter, an adapter to the MAS, support brackets, and misc hardware. The K&N kit is more expensive cause it's 50 state legal and also a brand name. There are also a few other kits out there for the various Explorer engines.

My question is this. I need it to pass a smog test. Will the KKM pass the smog test??? I can get away with the visual they are dumb here. But will it still pass emissions?? I done a search and found that it doesnt pass visually cause it doesnt have a carb number or soemthing. Right now I got the k&n drop in w/drilled airbox. Also is there a difference in the 2??k&n w/drilled airbox and the KKM.

Look at pictures of the kkm, www.kustomz.com and you'll see the difference. You should have no changes in emissions, just put a K&N sticker on there and you'll have no trouble. This cause most K&Ns are certified and KKMs aren't. But like you said, most of the guys are dumb and can't tell the difference anyway.

Back