Interchange Ford parts for lift?

Creager

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport 4x4
I thought i saw this discussed once but maybe i just dreamed it up. I had a interesting idea. I want to lift 2-3", the right way, on a budget. My idea is to use stock F-150 radius arms as extended radius arms. Are the Stock F-150 D44 TTB radius arms any longer then the D35 radius arms? Will they fit up to the D35 beams?

if i could do this, id probably get an extra set of d35 beams and have them cut and turned. Plus some 3" coil spings and sway bar endlinks. that'd make for a quality lift for under $500!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

pick up some coil spacers and a add a leaf/shackle combo... budget, and it works and toss in an alignment.....

i dont think the f150 arms will fit the explroer... thats a huge jump in differnt sizes......

jimabena74 said:
pick up some coil spacers and a add a leaf/shackle combo... budget, and it works and toss in an alignment.....

i dont think the f150 arms will fit the explroer... thats a huge jump in differnt sizes......

so really if i got 2" coil springs and 2" lift leaves + alighnment i can get away without extending the radius arms? Isn't that setup going to endup a rougher ride with less articulation? The main reason i dont wanna go with spacers and shackles is because my springs are shod. Im looking to buy new ones if they are the stock height or not haha.

i figured aslong as the bracketry under the coil-sping of the F-150 radius arm matches the ones of the explorer i could get away with radius arms that were longer. they are probably around 8" longer given that the d44 is generally 6" wider with a 2" discrepancy. But im not sure.

If i could get some kind of screw on heim joint could that be made to extend the stock radius arms enough for a 2" lift? Which would also be cool since it will articulate more with a heim joint.

search for the F150 leaf pack mod. You can still use them after you cut and turn your beams. You'll get I think 2-3 inches of lift from that mod. Then for cheap springs, I think Summit racing has som 2 or 3 inch front springs for around $100. I know they have a kit with AAL for around $200.

i think i might just sell out and get James duff radius arms, they look real nice

Back